Charge for tipping, L & P then Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a wedding party of clients next week and the mother of the bridge would like Shellac, not sure whether french or colour yet. However she says the nails on one of her hands are good and 3 or 4 on the other have broken off and would like me to tip these to match the rest and then Shellac them all.

Now I don't think she will just want the "weekender" type system whereby you apply the tip and shellac straight over so I think it will be a case of tipping the broken nails, L & P over all of them, then Shellac.

What would you charge for this service, I charge £30 for shellac and £30 for full set of extensions?

Thanks peeps

H xx

Don't most people just add a certain amount on to other service if shellac is added?
Say you do a set of enhancements for £30 then add £10 or £15 for the Shellac. It would be unfair to charge full price for the Shellac on top as the prep only needs done once and you do that for the enhancements so why charge twice for it....just my opinion.

Can I ask have none of your clients queried why Shellac is the same price as your enhancements service? I find it odd as Shellac only takes 30-45 minutes and a set of nails which is much more work takes 1 hour to 1 hour 20 mnutes. As we mainly charge for our time then surely the Shellac should be slighly cheaper.....or your enhancements dearer lol ;)

I would charge £45.00.I think that is a fair amount.

Don't most people just add a certain amount on to other service if shellac is added?
Say you do a set of enhancements for £30 then add £10 or £15 for the Shellac. It would be unfair to charge full price for the Shellac on top as the prep only needs done once and you do that for the enhancements so why charge twice for it....just my opinion.

Can I ask have none of your clients queried why Shellac is the same price as your enhancements service? I find it odd as Shellac only takes 30-45 minutes and a set of nails which is much more work takes 1 hour to 1 hour 20 mnutes. As we mainly charge for our time then surely the Shellac should be slighly cheaper.....or your enhancements dearer lol ;)

I agree with izzi on this one ! in my salon we charge an extra £10 when shellac is added to an enhancement service x

I normally charge £28 for extensions and if they wanted shellac on top, I would charge an extra £12. :lol:

No one has ever queried my price, I did post on here some time ago was my shellac price ok as there are some techs in my area cheaper but I'm busy with shellac and the answer was no keep the price the same.

My extension price is £30 because that is also the average price for my area but I am not as confident in extensions and don't do that many. I only did my CND course last August and have put my prices up from £20 to £30 so far but still don't feel Im good enough to charge more.

No one has ever queried my price, I did post on here some time ago was my shellac price ok as there are some techs in my area cheaper but I'm busy with shellac and the answer was no keep the price the same.

My extension price is £30 because that is also the average price for my area but I am not as confident in extensions and don't do that many. I only did my CND course last August and have put my prices up from £20 to £30 so far but still don't feel Im good enough to charge more.

Fair enough, thanks for that, it makes perfect sense when you put it like that :hug:

I am currenty wearing red baron shellac 9 are my own nails and the 10th is a l&p acrylic. No one can tell which one is the l&p nail.
So you might find you only need to do the broken nails and bring them all to the same length before adding the shellac.
If you do have to do the full set then yes, I would agree that £45 is a fair price, based on your price list.
But I would work out a price per nail for the l&p just in case you do only need to do the 4 nails. If that is the case then I would charge the full price for the shellac plus 4 nails.:hug:

But I would work out a price per nail for the l&p just in case you do only need to do the 4 nails. If that is the case then I would charge the full price for the shellac plus 4 nails.:hug:
I agree with Susie... my full set price is 40€, so I would charge 4€ per nail plus the Shellac price :D

If I were you I would charge £3 (maybe £3.50) per tipped nail with L & P + £30 for the Shellac.
Do you have a single tip price? x

I charge £20 shellac and if client breaks nail (very rare) I just build her a slight free edge with l&p (no form,or tip) or extra charge depending on client ,,, iygwim,,,£60 omg seriously

Latest posts

Back