Acrylic brush trauma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re:fresh

Reaction score
Hey guys!! Just wondering how I can prevent monomer from going back down my brush? Try and keep it flat but it keeps getting contaminated and leaving yellow in my acrylic. It's driving me mad. Even brand new brush!!!! What am I doing wrong? Can I fix my brush? Xxx

How are you storing your brush? I'm just finishing a nail course so this is fresh in my mind. They say not to store in tube it comes in and should always be stored upside down so nothing can travel through the bristles into the barrel. Apparently the best place is upside down resting in the springs in your light. Other than that roll into a piece of kitchen roll if you are mobile but always try to keep it upside down. With regards to fixing your brush you could try brush cleaner but I think it'll be safer to get a new one x

The monomer is travelling into the barrel of the brush and starting to disolve the glue holding the brushes in the handle. LauralKel88 is right in storing it bristles down is the best bet, but if the brush didn't come with a cap that can be difficult. I've seen Techs use a large bulldog clip, hair clips, etc. to 'peg' their brush to something in the right position.

Latest posts

Back