Advice on a colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hello :) I've got a customer with ombré hair, base 3 on top and bleach on the ends she's now wanting to change it to a very dark browny red (base 2) of any of you have achieved this colour please could you tell me what colour you used or if any of you no what colour would be best I'd be grateful. Thankyou x

What colour line are you using? None of the brands I work with have a base 2, what are your thoughts on how to achieve what the client wants? We will help but we are going to need a little more from you, if you look at the sticky thread on top of the hair section it will advise you how to ask for help with a colour :)

Hiya I'm new to this so just finding were everything is... I use wella but there don't do that depth of dark with red so I was thinking 3/4 2.0 & 1/4 red majeral with 6%? Thankyou for replying x

Red marjerel what? Mix tone? Maji rouge? Wella and Loreal's are separate ranges were you planning on mixing them together?

Maji rouge I no there seperate ranges that's why I wanted advice to see if any1 had achieved this colour & if so what colour/colours did there use

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1442437168.981468.jpg

That's not a level 2, level 2 is practically black, I'd say that was a level 4 on the dark & a 6 or even a 7 on the light, I also think the dark is a violet red rather than just red

Actually I feel it's quite mahogany... Check your wella chart for a level 4 colour that is close to this, I'm not good with wella numbers

To me that picture doesn't look like a block colour either but it may just be the light and my eyes x

Lighting isn't brilliant but that's the side of the colour chart you need to be looking at but definetly that is a violet red rather than just red red if you get me x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.7 KB
hello :) I've got a customer with ombré hair, base 3 on top and bleach on the ends she's now wanting to change it to a very dark browny red (base 2) of any of you have achieved this colour please could you tell me what colour you used or if any of you no what colour would be best I'd be grateful. Thankyou x

I can't see the pictures but if you want a base 2 you probably won't see much red, it will be too dark to shine through

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou for your advice I thought that myself so I'll explain this to her xx

With any standard color line you can use up to halt the formulas mixture to be a pure additive like a red or blue to make a red or blue based black. All additives can be used to tint the black base violet and green are used to base the black on. Just use half pure red additive of whatever line you use most lines have additives of pure base pigments for these purposes or to be used on their own for vibrant fashion color outcomes. I use Dickson pure pigment drops that are added to any color formulation for situations like these

Latest posts

Back