Are these eggshell nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
I have a client who I think has Egg shell nails, they always break low down, and she never can grow them a decent length.
what can I recommend she has done, can she have nail extensions or are they not suitable, her nails even broke when she had gelish on.

Attachments

• IMAG0255.jpg
    IMAG0255.jpg
    135.3 KB
she needs an extra protection and durabiliy before applying any gel polish. i suggest CND brisa lite smoothing gel, which provide a clear shield between the nail and the gel polish, prevending from chipping. With this gel you won't have to remove the natural nail shine before applying it.
My only concern is that i don't know if it works with Gelish, because it was made to work with shellac.:lol:

I think gelish structure gel is the alternative to brisa smoothing gel :)

I think gelish structure gel is the alternative to brisa smoothing gel :)
i love and use both gelish and shellac and i want to buy a gel that can be applied under my gel polish and that doesn't need to buff the nail plate. I've heard that gelish structure and vitagel have peeling issues to some customers. I haven't heard the same about brisa lite.
I really cannot make up my mind which one to buy for cases as above.

Some people have nails like this naturally. Has your client always had this shaped nail? Have they gone like this recently? If the answer is yes then there is a different answer.

Brisa Lite needs no buffing of the nail plate at all which would be preferable with thin nails but it is designed to be used alone or with Shellac (or polish of course)

Some people have nails like this naturally. Has your client always had this shaped nail? Have they gone like this recently? If the answer is yes then there is a different answer.

Brisa Lite needs no buffing of the nail plate at all which would be preferable with thin nails but it is designed to be used alone or with Shellac (or polish of course)

I'm sure shes had this all her life, I'll text her, ta x

Right then she says she bit her nails for about 40yrs but whenever she tries to grow them they grow out like in this wobbly shape.
She also does some manual work for her shop (fancy dress shop, proberly opening boxes, lifting etc)

I think this is a lifetime thing...........so has anybody any answers, i'd love to know x

That's alright then. It's possible for people to develop eggshell nails due to a systemic condition. They don't necessarily look like this but it was worth checking.

It seems like you use Gellish and they have Structure Gel and Vitagel. However, they do need gentle buffing before using which is OK if you are very gentle and don't buff at every replacement. They are definitely worth a try.

Brisa Lite, Smoothing and Sculpting, do not need a buffed nail, just a very clean nail. But this is a different system that may have a cost implication for you.

You could try one of the Harmony products but be very gentle on the nail and insist that she uses plenty of oil.

It's considered a bit 'old fashioned' now but I am a big believer in using resin and activator for delicate nails. It is very gentle on nails and only needs a very clean nail rather than buffed. You could try 2-3 of layers of resin and then just polish therefore avoiding too much solvents. Just remove the polish and put another layer or 2 of resin.

I don't know of any training courses i this so you could get it from your wholesaler and practice on yourself first so you get it smooth. A brush on activator is the gentlest.

That's alright then. It's possible for people to develop eggshell nails due to a systemic condition. They don't necessarily look like this but it was worth checking.

It seems like you use Gellish and they have Structure Gel and Vitagel. However, they do need gentle buffing before using which is OK if you are very gentle and don't buff at every replacement. They are definitely worth a try.

Brisa Lite, Smoothing and Sculpting, do not need a buffed nail, just a very clean nail. But this is a different system that may have a cost implication for you.

You could try one of the Harmony products but be very gentle on the nail and insist that she uses plenty of oil.

It's considered a bit 'old fashioned' now but I am a big believer in using resin and activator for delicate nails. It is very gentle on nails and only needs a very clean nail rather than buffed. You could try 2-3 of layers of resin and then just polish therefore avoiding too much solvents. Just remove the polish and put another layer or 2 of resin.

I don't know of any training courses i this so you could get it from your wholesaler and practice on yourself first so you get it smooth. A brush on activator is the gentlest.

Resin, do you mean nail glue? I have some glue and activator spray and silk strips, i use them for repairs to tears in the nails (I think the fibreglass is better tho).

So are you saying, brush on the glue resin onto the nail, spray with activator, repeat another 2 times, then smooth down the surface and apply the gelish or just normal polish?

Thank you for helping me btw xx

Latest posts

Back