Before & After... continued

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ombre on a real head my friend hve only done it in training head b4 hope it's good xD

Looks really good! X

This is my 1st cut unaided I fink I done it terribly wrong it's my sister an she liked it am going to put bleached highlights in it next week

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357322568.172400.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357322568.172400.jpg
    56.5 KB
This is my 1st cut unaided I fink I done it terribly wrong it's my sister an she liked it am going to put bleached highlights in it next week

How did you layer? Is she natural or coloured?

Biggest amount of foils I've ever fitted.
She wanted to be gwen stefani, I told my client I couldn't make any promises, but just got carried away!x

How did you layer? Is she natural or coloured?

Looks coloured to me? What you think you have done wrong? Did you do layers pulling straight out? Or inverted out? That's what it looks like, straight up gives a softer finish, depending on the look she was after, why you thinking of putting bleach highlights through? If you let us know what you were looking I'm sure blue and I wouldn't mind advising what we would have done and a few others that may see too :)

Looks nice for you first cut unaided though..... Be proud!

Biggest amount of foils I've ever fitted.
She wanted to be gwen stefani, I told my client I couldn't make any promises, but just got carried away!x

I don't think my photo attached?!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357325124.481376.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357325124.481376.jpg
    33 KB
I don't think my photo attached?!

Is that the same person? Or two that you have done? Sorry if it is, that's amazing, but she looks different lol

I did the top box pulled it up straight then when I was doing the rest she decided she wanted to keep the length so I pulled it out to try an layer it but keep the length... I think it's wonky looking at it now I put it on my Facebook and had hairdressers slating me :s so now am panicing :( my sister was made up I kept asking if she thought it looked ok an she was fine and happy with it.
The bleached highlights is something she has asked for as she wants to go blonder her hair is coloured she has used to of those home stripping kits and that was the colour she was left with... So what she has decided we're doing is bleached highlights and maybe a toner on it with abit of ash in?

Darling you keep length by taking straight up! Not by pulling out.... If I were you I'd go back in... Blunt cut half inch off the length to sort the bottom out

I did the top box pulled it up straight then when I was doing the rest she decided she wanted to keep the length so I pulled it out to try an layer it but keep the length... I think it's wonky looking at it now I put it on my Facebook and had hairdressers slating me :s so now am panicing :( my sister was made up I kept asking if she thought it looked ok an she was fine and happy with it.
The bleached highlights is something she has asked for as she wants to go blonder her hair is coloured she has used to of those home stripping kits and that was the colour she was left with... So what she has decided we're doing is bleached highlights and maybe a toner on it with abit of ash in?

Do a test piece!! Home box stripping kits are mental on the hair, home anything tbh so do a test make sure you test the strength before actually doing it.

Once you had started the layers, if you had advised its a little too late, if you continued pulling straight up and angling you hand so the length had further to travel, they would have been softer and not as heavy Hun :) by pulling straight out you actually take more weight out the length which is why you feel it looks like that maybe!

To the hairdressers slating you, who are they? Do you know them? Delete them or make your pics un-commentable - good hairdressers make it a rule not to blatantly slate another's work (kind of a unsaid rule I guess, I don't anyway but I do say I would have done this to achieve this) but if I spotted something I thought you may like to know I might pm you to say just a little advise so to speak, if your sister is happy though, that's all that matters this time :)

We were all there doing our first cuts without anyone at hand :) keep it up :) practice makes perfect x

Darling you keep length by taking straight up! Not by pulling out.... If I were you I'd go back in... Blunt cut half inch off the length to sort the bottom out

Or talk he into having shorter layers about an inch or so and up up up, the chip in slightly to soften once styled :) see what she would like to do though, if she wants all one length blues option is best x

Thank you blue! I will do! God knows why I thought it would be a good idea having ago on my own with no-one there feel awful now on my sis :( o well live An learn xx

Thank you too nic it's some girl I went to school with I didn't post the pic with a price I posted it because I was proud I did it with no help an the comment was something along the lines of.. "Makes me cringe when hairdressers put dodgy hair cuts up for adverts" it wasn't an advert I was just proud of what I did and wanted to share after that I took it down an thought I'd post it up here to see what you thought

Thank you I feel abit better now xx

Thank you too nic it's some girl I went to school with I didn't post the pic with a price I posted it because I was proud I did it with no help an the comment was something along the lines of.. "Makes me cringe when hairdressers put dodgy hair cuts up for adverts" it wasn't an advert I was just proud of what I did and wanted to share after that I took it down an thought I'd post it up here to see what you thought

I didn't mean price, It edited as stupid I pad auto corrected and I didn't notice lol

Your still training right? I'd personally have left it, but put it saying first cut on my own, sis is happy, I now know what I need to work on for next time :D but you should be proud of your work Hun, if you we're claiming you had been doing this years etc then yer ok I'd question you, but your just starting out! So be proud :)

Actually do what blue advised either way, I didn't spot the base line is jagged due to the pulling out, it blended with her top hehe (don't worry) but straighten the base line and it will look a 100 times better :)

Very well done for first unaided cut , we have All been there Xx

Nic thank you I might put it back up I was proud and I do love my sister for trusting me to cut her hair knowing it was my 1st unaided and yes am still training am in college doing level 2 and I've only done 2 cuts on clients while I've been in college.
Xxx

Nic thank you I might put it back up I was proud and I do love my sister for trusting me to cut her hair knowing it was my 1st unaided and yes am still training am in college doing level 2 and I've only done 2 cuts on clients while I've been in college.
Xxx

Wow see so you were brave and the best quality in a hairdresser is willingness to try and take a gamble from time to time.... Usually an educated gamble but that comes with time hehe. For your 3rd cut it ain't bad.... Looks level on the sides and you would surprised how many people I have to straighten up from so called 'experienced' stylists lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back