Coloured acrylic powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee-Ann10

Reaction score
Is this stuff actually any good? It looks great but I wonder if it will actually be the colour it shows etc? Anyone ever used it?

Thanks

Lee-Ann xx

It's not a case of pick and mixing different polymer powders with the current Liquid and Powder system you use! You have to make sure you use the system!
I would look at the currently system you are using and you can custom mix your own glitters so they are safe to use with your liquid or see if they do coloured powder :)

I was looking at the NSI ones and they look amazing but wondered if they would actually be any good?

Lee-Ann xx

I use nsi coloured acrylic powders for all my 3d work and the colours are lovely.

I use CND Retention+ for my enhancements but before changed I used nsi and no problems, plus the colours look fab for doing tips etc. now I mix additives colours and mica with retention plus.

One of my freehand 3d work discs using nsi colours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB
Oh wow, that looks amazing!! Is that on top of a layer of clear acrylic then?

Thanks

Thanks you :) you can do 3d art on top of any acrylic, hard gel or gel polish and will stay put fine.

I've just come back from Dominican Republic and mine lasted really well on top of shellac and it had a battering over 2 weeks.

I'm ill in bed now but will change it when can, but looks as good as day I did it.

I have never done nail art but might have to give it a go!! What brushes do you use for that type of work?

Thanks

Lee-Ann x

Wow Maz101 those are amazing, you must have been doing nails for a long time.

I have a question about coloured acrylic powders...
I have only recently become an acrylic nail tech and want to experiment with colours. I've watched a lot of videos on youtube for helpful tips etc. but my question is: I've seen a lot of people mix the colour powder with clear powder, is this something you have to do? Does it change the colour of final product or help in the application process? Any advice would be appreciated.

Awww thanks and yes i have been doing it a while :) but just takes practice

Yes you can mix glitter or colour additives with acrylic powder just do it 1 to 3 ratio that's what I do.

So 3 parts clear to one part colour?

So... Sorry if I'm overcomplicating things but if I was to mix a colour with a glitter, would that be 3:1 each? Therefore 6 clear to 1 glitter + 1 colour?

If you wanted to add colour and glitter, then yes either 1/2 glitter 1/2 colour =1 then 3 or 1 glitter 1 colour and then 6 clear.

I tend to make a 3 to 9 ratio or 4 to 12 if say doing tips so have enough for all and enough maybe for an infill if required, I write on a sticker the colour mix etc and stick to container.

Thanks very much for your help :)

I am definitely going to try this out!! It is something I think my clients would like x

Latest posts

Back