Confused - bonder, primer, dehydrator (Young Nails)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paws

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been studying Nail Tech for nearly 4 months now and have my exams in a month or so but there are still a few things that are really confusing me.

I am using Young Nails, Acrylic and Gels.

1. Bonder and Primer - are these the same thing?
Is it bonder for gel and primer for acrylic?

2. Or is Primer the same as Dehydrator?

3. Can I use nail polish remover as a dehydrator, or do I use something else?

I have searched through this site, but cannot understand what this means in relation to the system I am using. In my class people are using a variety of systems as we have had some trouble with the colleges usual suppliers(who I wont name!).

If someone could please help me out I would be really obliged.

Merci Buckets!

Ok I've figured something out.

"Insure a bond" - which came in my kit, is a dehydrator. Is this a dehydrator and bonder in one.

Sorry if I seem thick, I am just really confused and getting stressed...

paws said:
Ok I've figured something out.

"Insure a bond" - which came in my kit, is a dehydrator. Is this a dehydrator and bonder in one.

Sorry if I seem thick, I am just really confused and getting stressed...

I also use Youngs products at home and college. "Insure a Bond" is a primer/cleanser/dehydrator it breaks up the oils etc that can stop adhesion. You should also have a bottle of Swipe which is a cleanser/dehydrator which cleanses the nail and also removes the sticky layer of gel residue.

You should always use the Swipe to cleanse the nail and then apply "Insure a Bond" to prime the nail prior to gel or powder and monomer application.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks for the feedback!

Latest posts

Back