Editing images for social media and comps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reide

IG: RokkitCristy (Now Qualified)
Reaction score
Hi all. I have noticed a lot of hairdressers are over-editing their images. Not to call anyone out but I have seen a lot of examples in BTC Oneshot awards for instance. However there is also the comparison on how "phones don't take images true to colour," so some editing "should" take place. I was just wondering where you all draw the line with editing; What is acceptable and what causes Issues of Integrity within our industry?

Hi Reide,
This is an important point you are pointing out especially in a service based industry where trust and transparency is key.
If you can elaborate on what are some issues that you have encountered from editing images?

Hi Reide,
This is an important point you are pointing out especially in a service based industry where trust and transparency is key.
If you can elaborate on what are some issues that you have encountered from editing images?
a great example would be people bringing in images of white hair that is clearly edited

a great example would be people bringing in images of white hair that is clearly edited
Oh ok
I mean even, for example, if you edit a hair color from one color to another and can provide that edited color to your client, then I see no issue.
There is another scenario when the image is not edited at all, but you can't provide the results in the unedited image, that would also create an issue.
It's all about delivering the result to the expectation of the customer, whether the reference is an edited image or not.

Latest posts

Back