Eyebrow tinting and spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbysofia

Reaction score
Hi I'm just looking for some advice, I have a client booked in for a spray tan and eyebrow and lashes tinting, so what you would do first ? Tinting or tan?
Also does anyone have a form that clients can sign to confirm they had tinting before and don't want to do a patch test?
Thanks in advance

Hi I would do the tinting first. When I tint I use vasoline around the eyes and quite a bit if water to rinse the tint so you might wash away some of the tan! So I would tint then tan hope this helps :)

I have my brows done first if it helps. And you aren't covered by the client signing to say they don't want a test, if the manufacturer recommends it then you MUST do it or face the consequences alone as your insurer won't help. X

Hi I would do the tinting first. When I tint I use vasoline around the eyes and quite a bit if water to rinse the tint so you might wash away some of the tan! So I would tint then tan hope this helps :)

Thanks yes it really helps, is what I though just wanted some confirmation.
Thank you

I have my brows done first if it helps. And you aren't covered by the client signing to say they don't want a test, if the manufacturer recommends it then you MUST do it or face the consequences alone as your insurer won't help. X

Hi is really what I though, is a new client and she said she assume all responsibilities :( because she cannot come before and done it before, I fell a bit stress with that, I don't want to turn her away but don't want to risk myself too:(

Hi is really what I though, is a new client and she said she assume all responsibilities :( because she cannot come before and done it before, I fell a bit stress with that, I don't want to turn her away but don't want to risk myself too:(

She can't assume all responsibility and sign a disclaimer, as the professional you are responsible for the health and safety of the client and following instructions. No court would listen to a disclaimer or letter from the client prior to service if they wish to not have a test.
Keep your pro status and refuse her the tinting x

She can't assume all responsibility and sign a disclaimer, as the professional you are responsible for the health and safety of the client and following instructions. No court would listen to a disclaimer or letter from the client prior to service if they wish to not have a test.
Keep your pro status and refuse her the tinting x

Yes you absolutely right I insist she said she will pop in today.
Many thanks. ;)

I was always taught that you can't have a spray tan & tinting done on the same day as the tan could react to the peroxide in the tint? x

You should not tint & tan at the same appointment.

Tinting after the tan would remove tan when cleansing the area and removing the tint.

Tanning after the tint could cause a reation on the tint and turn the brows a funny colour (ginger).

Tinting should be done the day before a tan.

Ok thank you for your replies we decided for spray tan only. Does anyone had good forms for clients to confirm (sign) they had patch test?

Ok thank you for your replies we decided for spray tan only. Does anyone had good forms for clients to confirm (sign) they had patch test?
Just write on their consultation form, the date and time of patch test and what product your using and then get them to sign it. No special form needed.

Just write on their consultation form, the date and time of patch test and what product your using and then get them to sign it. No special form needed.

Yeah is what will do... I've been reading the posts about patch test...my head is spinning... So tired...

Latest posts

Back