Foil transfer on Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to use nail foil on my gelish client tonight (I don't use it very often) and as I recall you should just be able to dab it onto the tacky layer of the colour coat for the foil to transfer. I'm at a loss as to what happened as a little bit transfered but then I was unable to transfer anymore of it like the gelish has lost it's tackiness so I was unable to transfer as much foil as I would have liked.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what went wrong here?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

I've found Gelish not to have a very "tacky" layer.

Shellac works great with transfer foil, but I wanted to find a solution to use over my gel polish (Gelish, IBD) etc and I've found it!

It's Foil Design Black gel by Nail Perfect - is fab!

Here's the link: http://www.nailperfect.com/en/nail-art/nail-art-gel.html

Sarah xx

Thanks. I think when I had played around with it I was using shellac at the time so maybe this is why I remember it working so much better. So would you apply a coat over the gelish colour coat and then dab foil on as normal?

Alternatively, are there glue's to be used with foils and can they be used with gelish?

Thanks. I think when I had played around with it I was using shellac at the time so maybe this is why I remember it working so much better. So would you apply a coat over the gelish colour coat and then dab foil on as normal?

Alternatively, are there glue's to be used with foils and can they be used with gelish?

If you want full coverage, then yes I would use foil adhesive (I like The Edge foil adhesive) and apply your foil that way.

If you were just "drawing" with it - 3D scrolls etc, then wipe tacky layer from Gelish colour coat, paint on your design with the black gel, cure, then add foil. Top Coat & cure again.

xx

Hi,what top coat would you recommend on top of foil,I find the gelish top it off can erode the foil after a few days? Xxx

Hi,what top coat would you recommend on top of foil,I find the gelish top it off can erode the foil after a few days? Xxx

If I'm doing glitters/additives/foils etc, I'll always do "the double" lol! So with Shellac I'll seal with Clearly Pink, then Topcoat. Gelish, seal with Simple Sheer, then topcoat.

Or, just double topcoat if you don't have a sheer colour :) xx

Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back