HD brows 2nd stylist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
Has anyone trained as a second stylist?
Is it worth doing it or is it worth just paying the extra to get the HD status on the stylist/salon finder?

I'm going to be using the salon at the salon so I won't be needing to buy stock to replen so thinking I won't be meeting the minimum order requirements anyway. But then I wonder if clients loose faith if you're not on the stylist finder.
Is it worth paying the extra training & order minimum stock just to put my name on the salon finder?!

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

I'm really confused as to what you're asking!

Vic x

I'm confused at what to do.....
I work in a salon that already offers HD brows as a service. The account holder has said that she's happy for me to train as 2nd stylist. So I will pay for just the training - no kit or account in my name. I would just get the training and a certificate.

I wondered what other '2nd stylists' experience was with this.
I worry that customers would doubt my credibility with my name not being on the salon finder.

But then it seems silly to pay the full training with kit when I won't be using that kit anyway and when I spoke to HD Brows they said that there is a minimum spend to keep the account active. So I would end up with my name being removed from the stylist finder in 6 months anyway. Confused at what to do!

Right. Got you. As you're in a salon surely the salons name is on the brow finder. It is with us. No individual names!

I would definitely train as a second stylist unless you are self employed in which case you're your own boss. Have hd told you what it would cost in the future to 'upgrade'?

Vic x

Hi Vic

Thank you for your reply. I do have a habit of rambling on and not making sense.... Lol!

I'm self employed renting a space.
Yes the salon is on the salon finder and I have no intention of doing brows out of the salon at the moment but may do in future.

The salon owner told me that I could upgrade in the future if I wanted to but she didn't know the costs.
So no I'm not sure how much that would be. Do you know if it easy to do? Xxx

I'd speak to HD. As you are self employed, it's a different ballgame, unless they are definitely happy for you to trade under their umbrella, but this may cause some concern - who decides who gets which client etc.

Good luck

Vic x

Latest posts

Back