Health & Safety requirements for electrolysis & ear piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro-Beauty

Reaction score
I have paid my licence's for electrolysis & ear piercing and am expecting someone from health & safety to come out next week.

Could I get some advise as to how to prepare for this please as regards current law's for UK (Im under banes council)

So far I have: a new ear pearcing gun and a electolysis machine. With sterile needles, a sharps box, barbicide to clean tweezers (is that enough?), couch cover.

Still waiting for Pac testing to be done.

She knows I am just setting up but just wants a chat.

Its a home salon offering a wide range of beauty treatments.

Thanks

Hi, you'll probably need to show how you sanitize and sterilize. They check for how you dispose of things and if you double dip with waxing. They also check the suitability of how cleanable everything is and where you keep your first aid and is it visible.

i think you have everything covered. One thing in my area is sharps box or sharp instruments have to be concealed in a lockable room. No fabric covers allowed for electrolysis/laser/ear piercing. Only thing i can think of, oooh and the by laws must be available to read-so keep a copy nearby! xoxo

something tells me Barbicide isn't enough? Thoughts please...

What sterilising do you recommend without spending a fortune? I also need a towell warmer and wonder if I can purchase something that will do both?

i think you have everything covered. One thing in my area is sharps box or sharp instruments have to be concealed in a lockable room. No fabric covers allowed for electrolysis/laser/ear piercing. Only thing i can think of, oooh and the by laws must be available to read-so keep a copy nearby! xoxo

Ok will be ordering a vinyl couch cover then!

How do I get a copy of the by-laws?

Don't worry too much. This is why they come around. Yes you may be expected to buy an autoclave (ebay?) And they should be able to provide you with a copy of the local bylaws. Also make sure your insurance cert is on display. :)

can you recommend an autoclave? I had a quick look on Ebay for 'autoclave sterilizer' and they were quite expensive! Its only to sterilize:

tweezers
scissors
cuticle nippers
nail clippers

Sorry but I don't. You could also look at bead sterilizers

Latest posts

Back