Hot stones equipment - any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-lakes

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm soon to do a hot stones massage course and want to have some idea about what equipment I need. I dont want to spend a lot though as the course is already costing me a small fortune. Any ideas on where I can get good quality stones/heater from? Anyone selling second hand items? Do I need a specific heater or can I use my rice cooker as I do for steaming flannels? Please advise!

OMG to the rice cooker!

I would strongly advise you to WAIT until you've done the course before you rush out and buy unnecessary products.

I got my stone set from Ellisons, it comes with 54 stones, a theromometer (essential), a fishing net (that is extremely tacky), some gloves (that are still in the packet). I also purhcased the marine stones.
Total price approx £400 but that was many many years ago.

Do not buy from ebay the stones are shoddy.

Go the the classified on www.beautyguild.com as they often have 2nd hand stone sets.

Thanks for the advice - I know of a professional salon that advised me to use a rice cooker! I did think it was kind of weird!

I had a hot stone massage once from someone who warmed her stones in a saucepan with no thermostat and no thermometer, the treatment was horrendous, all the stones were way too hot.

you get what you pay for, also think of the professional look.

I used a vegetable steamer once to heat up mitts, once was enough for me and I went straight out and bought a professional towel cabi.

I've just finished ITEC stone massage and my kit cost about £230 altogether.
This included hot stone heater, scoop, thermometer, 38 Basalt stones (hot stones), 11 marble stones (cold stones), flannels, towel, 2 sheets, and bowls.
Although it looks very similar to a slow cooker, I don't think you can use one as I'm not sure if the temperature is the same and it wouldn't look professional for a luxury massage.

Ellisons recently had an offer on Hot Stones Kits including the heaters. It would be worth phoning them to see if it still on. HTH x

Thanks for the feedback guys, all valid points and yes - a professional heater and stones is the way forward! :lol:

Ellisons recently had an offer on Hot Stones Kits including the heaters. It would be worth phoning them to see if it still on. HTH x

I have just received my hot stone kit from ellisons.
It is a medium spa pro heater with 30 lovely stones,all accessories and a Th stone dvd.It was under £100 on offer.
I also ordered yesterday morning and it came at 8.30 am today.
I am chuffed to bits.

Last edited:
I have just received my hot stone kit from ellisons.
It is a medium spa pro heater with 30 lovely stones,all accessories and a lastone dvd.It was under £100 on offer.
I also ordered yesterday morning and it came at 8.30 am today.
I am chuffed to bits.
hmmm, would struggle with just 30 stones, you will have to put the stones back in the heater straight away to reheat if you going to do a full body massage. That will work out fine but it means cleaning out the whole insert after use as well as all of the stones.
Is it really a la stone DVD? Could you let me know what its like please?

I thought i probably would need a few more Ann but i'll wait and see when i do the course and see how many they uae before i order some more.
And i am wrong its not Le stone its Th stone which i think is Ellisons own trademark for their equipment and training...must wear my glasses more.
I have changed the post.

I trained with Ellisons and its Th Stone so I just wondered if they had changed their DVD.

Hi guys, I have one of these in my hair salon but no longer do beauty. It is used but hardly, is in working condition so I am looking to sell it. I know idea at this stage what it is worth, its model number 54416, 18" long by 10" wide.
do contact me via email if anyone is interested.

I also have a wall mountable hot towell warmer as well!

I am not sure if you are supposed to sell on these forums, if not, i apologise, i am a forum virgin! But I have a few beauty bits and pieces to sell and I would rather they went to a good home.

Oh, and collection from Cambridge, Huntingdon or even Coventry (am only there every few weeks though but happy to bring it if buyer wants to meet).

I can be reached at pure@puresalonorg or on twitter @thepuresalon.

Thanks for listening!

Latest posts

Back