Joico vs Matrix?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gin_ja_ninja

Reaction score
What is better for the hair and is longer lasting also which lightener lifts better? Cause I feel
matrix has gone a little down hill ;(

I was a matrix fan for many many years.... But as you say their lightening tints have gone down hill, I have switched to joico and they are fantastic, you need to go on their product and colour course (free for joico users with your warehouse) but they are currently the only brand to reconstruct the hair at the same time as colouring, and their shampoos and products are also amazing! Colours last longer than I have ever known. Best example is a lady blonde highlights for years wanted to go brown and red flashes all through (fire engine red) and base 5 all through the rest, with matrix you'd be lucky to get 4 weeks out of the red, 4 weeks later she was still being asked if she had coloured her hair again.... Amazing hold!

How do you find their highlifts and powder lighteners compared and matrix have sheer pastel which r a lvl 11 does joico have anything similar and what level does that sit on???

Joico have level 9 as highest bases and a 10A, they then have high lift tints, HLA, HLN, HLG, HLB, which lift well and deposit tones well too, they then have 3 ultra high lifts, UHLA, UHLP, UHLN, they have a lightening booster also and they have an on the scalp bleach which is used with no higher than a 20vol and their off the scalp bleach I have never needed higher than 30vol. One lady I used to bleach l'oreal platinum and 40 I now use joico off scalp and 10 for the same time, and get a cleaner result.

Their toners are amazing too, TSB -TSB -TPB, depending on your desired tone, mix them all and get a very beautiful creamy tone, they also have mixer tones to help, with the undertones and neutralise too, INS is super blue base and grey, CCV is a violet corrector and ING is an addition of gold, they have 7 in total I think but those 3 for blondes.

They pretty much have it covered for everyone lol.

Hi I am not a hairdresser but work in a salon where they hair side use Joico. I've been having bleach and blonde tint highlights for 20 years. Have found that the high lift tint goes quite orangy. Not Joico, I know they use the ultra high lift tint on me UHLA, it's amazing, no orangy colour and it doesn't fade. I love it. Sorry not very technical but saying it from a 'clinents' prospective!!

Oh awsome sounds like my kinda brand what about a white toner what woul be good for that and what lvl do their toners sit???

Oh awsome sounds like my kinda brand what about a white toner what woul be good for that and what lvl do their toners sit???

TSB with INS.... Iceyest whitest toner alive! Lol

Joico have level 9 as highest bases and a 10A, they then have high lift tints, HLA, HLN, HLG, HLB, which lift well and deposit tones well too, they then have 3 ultra high lifts, UHLA, UHLP, UHLN, they have a lightening booster also and they have an on the scalp bleach which is used with no higher than a 20vol and their off the scalp bleach I have never needed higher than 30vol. One lady I used to bleach l'oreal platinum and 40 I now use joico off scalp and 10 for the same time, and get a cleaner result.

Their toners are amazing too, TSB -TSB -TPB, depending on your desired tone, mix them all and get a very beautiful creamy tone, they also have mixer tones to help, with the undertones and neutralise too, INS is super blue base and grey, CCV is a violet corrector and ING is an addition of gold, they have 7 in total I think but those 3 for blondes.

They pretty much have it covered for everyone lol.

Speaking of their toners, I've been quite curious about trying them for a while. I use their creme lightener and love it. But what are the undertones if the toner colors?

Doing a client tomorrow going to do violet and blonde foils with chocolate base going to use joico

Doing a client tomorrow going to do violet and blonde foils with chocolate base going to use joico

I used 30 ml 4fv & 10 ml INV for my latest color. Nice violet color. Maybe you could give it a go?

Yeah definitely sounds amazing would 10g silver toner 30g clear make a nice white on very pale yellow hair like the revitaluxe blonde model

Yeah definitely sounds amazing would 10g silver toner 30g clear make a nice white on very pale yellow hair like the revitaluxe blonde model

The only toner I've done with joico is half V9 half clear with vero chrome. That was a lot like spv from matrix.

Wel vlight was the only reason I stayed with matrix that and the sheer pastels and sored but so red is rubbish now and vlight gone the sheer pastels were all that left does anyone have the joico formulas to make the other sheer pastels? Is joico lvl 9 like matrix lvl 11?

Wel vlight was the only reason I stayed with matrix that and the sheer pastels and sored but so red is rubbish now and vlight gone the sheer pastels were all that left does anyone have the joico formulas to make the other sheer pastels? Is joico lvl 9 like matrix lvl 11?

I'm sure you could make something like the spn and spa with A9 and clear and N9 and clear. The clear is just to dilute the tone so it won't grab too fast. Just play around with those, I do know the neutrals in joico are blue based and much cooler than matrix. Have you tried the creme lightener yet? Absolutely amazing.

For the silver in the pic from pale yellow id do either 10a joico with clr and watch or tsb with ins

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

So what is the highest level in joicol? Matrix toners r 11 so what are joico??? And what is the pearl toner like looks a little neutral???

There as light as you like lol. They add tone only, so if your lady is a pale yellow (11) and you add TSB, you will give a nice white crisp toner.

Oh cool so they are just tone no base???? They ain't like wella and darken the hair like their relights are meant to keep the hair at the same lvl but they always darken the base

Oh cool so they are just tone no base???? They ain't like wella and darken the hair like their relights are meant to keep the hair at the same lvl but they always darken the base

They're just tone, like wella are mainly 9/ for their toners, which as we know is a base 9, joico work with the number and letters for tone but as their toners are TSB TPB and TBB no base, just tone. Their chrome V9 is a beautiful toner though, not strong enough to lower tone, when using activator just the tone takes xx

Sounds amazing!!!! What do the grey controller and red conttroller do??? Apart from creme lightener how do their other lighteners stack up???

Latest posts

Back