Nail polish brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddybear27x

Reaction score
hi everyone

I'm due to open a new salon, Im wondering what nail polish brand to have, I have my gel polish but what does everyone else use as a Normal coloured polish? I was thinking essie?
Or OPI

I use Opi, they are great but would you not be better off using the same brand as the gel you have chosen, as clients often like fingers and toes to match? Opi lasts well and paints lovely.

hi everyone

I'm due to open a new salon, Im wondering what nail polish brand to have, I have my gel polish but what does everyone else use as a Normal coloured polish? I was thinking essie?
Or OPI

With so many popular professional brands, it's hard to make that decision as every nail tech will have their particular favourite.

Some of the front runners though have to be:

CND Vinylux
Orly
China Glaze
Jessica
Zoya
Misa

OPI and Essie, although both excellent, are readily available in the retail market, which is a little off-putting to be honest.

Hope that helps.

It's a common request to have matching hands and toes and not every client wants gel polish in their toes, I would choose a polish range that gave my clients an opportunity to have a matching colour in polish and to also buy that polish from me if they wished :)

I agree that it is good to use the same regular polish as gel polish. It means that the supporting products (removers, conditioners, etc.) will be the same as well. And it has made for a good retail opportunity as well. I think it also creates a more professional image to use the entire product line in one company. I chose OPI partially because of this. I must confess though that my exception to this is Essie. I have always loved and carried their regular polishes, but I haven't been thrilled with the gel polish and don't carry it.

I use all that jazz by nail harmony. I love it!

It isn't made by nail harmony or affiliated with them in any way. The line nail harmony endorse is morgan taylor.

All that jazz is a polish line created by the smedley family who are distributors of nail harmony in the uk. It's quite different!

My top picks are definitely OPI, Essie and believe it or not, models own. As much as I love OPI and Essie, they are a little on the pricey compared to models own and the quality isn't much different. But overall I would say OPI is my favourite nail polish brand. Worth the money. :)

It isn't made by nail harmony or affiliated with them in any way. The line nail harmony endorse is morgan taylor.

All that jazz is a polish line created by the smedley family who are distributors of nail harmony in the uk. It's quite different!

But you can buy it from the nail harmony uk website so that's probably what the quoted poster meant

hi everyone

Or OPI

I use Gelish so have gone for all that jazz as a lot of their polishes match Gelish and they are really nice to work with.

As other posters have said, it's nice to offer a matching polish to your gels & also a good retail opportunity :)

But you can buy it from the nail harmony uk website so that's probably what the quoted poster meant

I understand what she meant. But there is a vast difference between what she meant & said - it's best to be accurate surely? So I politely corrected her.

I don't think it's a situation that warrants someone needing to "defend" her. But if you feel it is necessary then fair enough :)

I would personally look for a brand that enhances my salon image. A brand that has a long standing industry reputation, is well known to consumers, has a sleek image, powerful attractive marketing & enticing retail options.

The salon I work in we use Jessica Custom Nail Colours for polish then we use GELeration for gel overlays - have to say clients love both of the products! xx

Yes I did feel it was necessary :)

Well, I guess the general consensus seems to be it was necessary. So an apology is in order!

@Makeitbackalive I am sorry if my reply came across as rude, curt or in any way negative. I aspire to be respectful & courteous at all times. I am sorry that on this occasion I missed the mark & hope it is accepted that it wasn't my intention :oops:

I use OPI for nail polish. I think it's a great product and clients recognise it's a professional brand x

I've been using Vinylux for the last 18 months. My clients love it. No base coat required. No staining on the nail plate. I've used premium brands over the years but Vinylux is my number 1 x

Latest posts

Back