Need pre-pig advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorganDazzle

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I have a client with natural base 8 who normally has full head 55/46 wella kp.

Well last week she dyed it herself using a stargazer semi in 'rich wine' and its turned a gorgeous deep purple with the smallest hint of pink.

She now wants to swap to this as permanent so I was thinking of using 44/65..or 55/66 + 3% (dont have shade chart in front of me but those are purple/plum if I remember right..)

My only question is, when her roots come in im thinking a pre pig will be necessary to get that dark deep tone as her hair is quite resistant.. Do you think a 4/0 colour touch will be the best bet?
Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Hi everyone :)

I have a client with natural base 8 who normally has full head 55/46 wella kp.

Well last week she dyed it herself using a stargazer semi in 'rich wine' and its turned a gorgeous deep purple with the smallest hint of pink.

She now wants to swap to this as permanent so I was thinking of using 44/65..or 55/66 + 3% (dont have shade chart in front of me but those are purple/plum if I remember right..)

My only question is, when her roots come in im thinking a pre pig will be necessary to get that dark deep tone as her hair is quite resistant.. Do you think a 4/0 colour touch will be the best bet?

I have never used these colours. But can't you just put a few inches of base colour into the other colour (for the roots) as opposed to pre pigmenting the hair?

My only concern with that was knocking out the purple tone? X but that would be the easier way lol!

Could you use the same tone number with a shade darker base number?

Or do the brand have a purple booster? Like how Majirel have mix+ pigments. x

Pre-Pigmentation is used for porous bleached hair not for natural resistant hair...

If you're using 3% i'm sure you won't have a problem, but then i dont use wella because i hate it so i couldn't garuntee that... if you would feel better adding base to the mix, it won't affect the purple a base is green based so would only affect red tones....

And as Katelisa says, use a purple concentrate if you add base and are worried about dulling the tone... but personally, i would just go in with the same colour all over, starting at the root and leaving it to process for maybe 10 minutes before taking it through to the ends, giving the roots a longer processing time :)

Thankyou to you both xx i appreciate the advice :)

Of colour match the ends - once decided put that as a permanent on the roots with 3 then use a quasi through the ends in the same colour if needed! :)

Latest posts

Back