Not really getting anywhere!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlingDetails

Reaction score
Hi...
I've been doing nails & spray tanning since October 2012...
I trained with CND in all aspects, Brisa ( hard & Lite) L&P & Shellac...
And Nouvatan spray tan...
I'm starting to feel a little down and wondering whether to give up or not??? I am confident in all aspects of my training and do produce lovely nails, that yes aren't perfect yet, but last well and aren't unsightly...
I only have a regular client base of about 6 people-all nails and 4/5 who use me got special occasions etc...
I have looked through my record cards and have had a lot of clients, but they just don't seem to be returning...some have stopped coming due to work policies about nails, some have gone off to Uni, a few got bought at home gel polish kits for Christmas so cancelled, and others have just simply not rebooked...
I have tried numerous ways to get my name out there, leaflet drops, I have an FB page I am constantly updating & Instagram, I donated vouchers to local schools for their school hampers, offered vouchers to hotels for their Christmas hampers but no one took me up on it, contacted local bridal shops offering to do their nails(any treatment they liked) at a discount in return for their recommendations to brides- they all declined, I work part time in finance and offer my services to colleagues again at a discount- I have only 2 occasional clients out of it, I run offers on my FB page, have stickers for shellac, Minx and Nouvatan in my window of my little home salon...Yet I cannot increase my client base...The clients I do have are either friends or friends of friends...
I'm fast running out of ideas and starting to feel down that it hasn't taken off as I had hoped...the main thing that seems to happen is people come, have a treatment and the next thing I see is that they are going to train in nails or spray tans themselves?!?!?
I suppose the thing I'm wanting to know is...can anyone think of anything else I can try???
How long did it take you established nail techs to build up a good steady client base??? Am I expecting to much???

No S2 didn't, Nouvatan told me to create an FB page and do offers?!?!?
I'll give S2 a ring tomorrow and see if they can help...
Thanks xxx

Aw Hun that's a shame! Try not to get down.

How are ur prices? How are u with clients? Are u chatty, friendly, interested in them? If ur a good tech maybe customer service side needs bit extra? U might come off a bit scunnered if ur feelin a bit scunnered xxxxxx

My pricing is ok I think, it's what I was advised by S2 & Nouvatan, and to me doesn't seem pricey for my area...
£20 for shellac
£25 for NNO
£30 for FS
£15 Tan etc...
I try to be nice, and when I ever see anyone who's nails I've done they always say they loved them...???
😔😔😔

Are you mobile or salon based? Have you done recommend a friend or family member? Have some cards made by vista print give every client one before they leave. Basically ours is recommend friend or family, once the recommended person has been they will receive £5 off their next app and the client receives £5 onto their account to spend next time they are in to say thanks xx
Have you tried loyalty cards? Usually they say a person has to visit you 3 times before they are classed as a client so why not offer their 3rd treatment half price? Hope this helps xx

Well said katie d xx very true words xx

What an inspiring post! And so true! Xx

I spoke to my car insurance and upgraded it so I could have decals on my car, my bushiness name phone number and basic stuff. You may not want to do that but you can get car magnets that you can take off when you want but it's another possibility x

Thank you all...
I do have a loyalty card scheme & refer a friend where both clients and the referred person receive a discount...
I will keep pushing on...
Katie D thank you, I will spend my afternoon on myself, and get a new PMA
I can do this!!!
💋💋💋

I think everyone is in the same boat as you at some point when building up a business I know I have been like the oh her ladies have said you have to get your name out there advertise loads,discount to clients if they referee a friend,maybe a discount to new customers I'm doing that at the min and my customers are picking up as soon I'm charging a little less to new customers for there first set of nails in the hope they will love them and become a regular customer it takes hard work,determination and keep thinking positive take loads of pictures of your work show it off good luck for the future don't give up :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back