Novalash Glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMD

Reaction score
Hi I need help, I did my research and read good reviews about Novalash glue and how long it lasted. I have been applying eyelash extensions for nearly 3 years. So when I purchased this glue I couldn't wait to use it.
I have had nothing but problems with it all my clients are losing their extensions within a few days and by the time they come back for infills after 2 weeks they have virtually lost all of them.
Can anyone help I'm losing business and I've never had this problem before. Most of my clients have been coming since I started.
:cry:

Are you shaking it well?
What do you dispense your drop of bond onto?
Are you keeping it cool?
What is your method of coating the lash with the bond?

I have used the bond for a long time and have never had any issues with lashes coming off at all.

Hi I need help, I did my research and read good reviews about Novalash glue and how long it lasted. I have been applying eyelash extensions for nearly 3 years. So when I purchased this glue I couldn't wait to use it.
I have had nothing but problems with it all my clients are losing their extensions within a few days and by the time they come back for infills after 2 weeks they have virtually lost all of them.
Can anyone help I'm losing business and I've never had this problem before. Most of my clients have been coming since I started.
:cry:

Hi! NovaLash has 2 glues. Platinum Bond and Sensitive Eyes. Platinum Bond is different than any other adhesive on the market... without proper training using the NovaLash technique to apply extensions with this type of adhesive, you will not have the desired results. Platinum Bond is award-winning for its ability to last longer than any other adhesive on the market. Once you have proper training on how to use the adhesive -- you will have impeccable results and clients will definitely be beyond satisfied. I understand you could be the best lash artist out there... but without good glue you won't be successful. Or you could be untrained using the best glue and you won't be successful. My advice is to get trained on how to use Platinum. I trained with 3 other companies before training with NovaLash and as soon as I learned all of the techniques and even took an advanced class, I made clients come back that were unhappy before and they're still coming to me now (3 years later! and only once a month because their lashes stay!!) Good luck! :)

Also there is no need to shake it or keep it cool. It should be stored at room temperature.

hi, thank you for your reply. I was sent the instruction manual from Novalash and as far as I'm aware I'm applying the lashes as it says. I trained with Lash Perfect and have never had a problem before. After reading about the Platinum Bond I was very keen to use this glue. I did talk to he director of Novalash at the earls court show and after talking to her she didn't think I needed to go on the course.
I will keep trying.
Many thanks again

i searched for a forum about novalash or any eyelash extension problems and found this listing. i have had the worst experience with my lashes and am in tears trying to remove them now. i went to the most highly recommended person in my area, after asking around and searching online. i spent the $150 and after 2 hours or more, i walked out feeling the most beautiful ever. the 2 hr process was very irritating to my eyes though and it burned the entire time. within 2 days, my lashes began tangling and falling out. after 1 week, i returned to the salon and she filled the spaces. some natural lashes had fallen out, but for the most part, the glue had given way and only the fake lashes had shed. (one thing i'd like to mention, is that on the website, it says that there are color choices based on your natural coloring but she had applied jet black. i am a natural blonde, so they are very contrasting and look fake.)
anyway, the fill lasted another 24 hrs and they began to fall out again. she recommended that she "dip" my lashes. she said that would help keep them from falling to the side and also falling out in general. this procedure was another 2 hrs between another fill and the dip. this procedure made my lashes much heavier and clumpy. i hate the look. it looked like they were all stuck together and they were. when one would fall out, 5 others would be attached to it and if i tried to remove the one, i'd have to pull it away from the others. it just looked so heavy on my eyes, plus she dipped the lowers too and they were not done all the way across, so it looked like i had done a half job on mascara. you could see clumps on the hair shaft. the main problem i noticed after the dip was that 2 out of 10 times i would close my eyes, the bottom and tops would tangle and i couldn't open my eye until i pulled so hard apart that it would give. i called her and she said because of the humidity in our area, the glue was taking a longer time to dry. i knew it was because they were clumpy and they were unable to flow through one another. this problem has lasted all through the 10 days since the procedure. i now have to remove them entirely. she recommended that i soak them in olive oil and massage without pulling. the olive oil is burning my eyes and because of the clumps, i am having multiple lashes stuck together, hanging onto one which is still attached to my natural lash. i can see the natural lashes on the ends and it looks like i'm not going to have many of my own lashes left. i am soooooo sad! the original $150 was supposed to cover the first appt and the first fill. after the dip, she said we were even steven. i feel that all her attempts to remedy the situation should have been included in the price and that the dip should have been free since it was her idea, not mine, and only an idea that came about because of the lash malfunction. should i ask for a complimentary lash growth accelerator? she was so gracious and sweet and helpful through the whole process. she comes so highly recommended and i can't help but wonder if i am just that one in a million unfortunate people who gets the bad experience when everyone else haas a good one. but, on the other hand, i can't believe she let me walk out of the salon with those clumps after the dip.
what should i do? i'm in the removal process with a napkin of about 30 lashes on it, gaps in my lash line and oily, burning eyes. the rest seem to be cemented on there. i am out of the area, visiting my mom, so i can't go back to her at the salon!!
help!

hi i was just reading your post on novalash eyelashextensions. firstly i cant comment on your service and the condition / state of your lashes as i dont have a picture. what i can comment on is the treatment itself.
i've been doing lashes for over a year now and its all that i do, from what you are describing it looks like you've had lashes clumped together during the application process. the whole point of semi permanent individual eyelash extensions is that they are applied one by one. the therapist must ensure that she\he is separating lashes during the application as the glue is very strong and does have a tendancy to stick together. hence the separation process eliminates this. my advice to you is to ask to see her training certificate and to contact novalash directly in the USA. it would have been ideal to have kept the lashes that you had as proof of the treatment. you should not have picked the lashes off or tried to remove them yourself as per the aftercare leaflet. pulling and picking your lashes will damage your lash follicle, and cause premature lash fall out. it takes about 90 days for a lash to grow so you will need to wait for your lashes to grow back. try using eyelash enhacing serums there are plenty on the market at the moment. eyelash extensions are great if applied properly. next time you have them done ask to see certification and a portfolio.
best of luck :)

Latest posts

Back