Pics of Shellac helping nail biters....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clawz

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a massive lover:Love: of Shellac for my own nails and my clients and have never had one bit of problem with it at all. Just wanted to show you guys some pictures of two of my friends nails who were nail biters until I persuaded them to let me use them as guinea pigs for Shellac to see if it would help them, ok i know they needed a bit of willpower also. Not the greatest of pics but shows the growth and my first attempts at rockstar too. One set of nails are eight weeks from first application and the other set are five weeks. Removing and re-shellacing every two weeks. Wow:biggrin: They are over the moon now and they can't rave enough about Shellac. Maybe they been around me too long but even they know all the info inside out and explain it to all thier family and friends lol.. Also I recently invested in sixteen of the Sweetsquared glitters and they are fandabbiedozzie....

Attachments

• lesley 7th Sept.jpg
    lesley 7th Sept.jpg
    113.4 KB
  • lesley 9th nov.jpg
    lesley 9th nov.jpg
    125.5 KB
  • angie 20th oct.jpg
    angie 20th oct.jpg
    127.6 KB
  • angie 29th nov.jpg
    angie 29th nov.jpg
    137.6 KB
Wow! Look at them! No wonder they are so pleased, keep up the good work hun!

I'm a biter, but have grown my nails out twice with Shellac. As soon as I stop using it I start biting again. I'm on my third go with Shellac, but only a week or so in.

They are wonderful! Keep it up, you'll have people thinking you're a miracle worker! :p xx

This is a great example of partnering with your clients and working together to get a super result!! Very well done.

Wow! They are brilliant!

I have just invested in Shellac and the glitters and I think it was the best decision I have made. This product is truly amazing, so versatile. I can't wait to do my Shellac brings them back training next week :biggrin:

absolutely beautiful transformation x

I have the same GREAT luck with Shellac. I'm a nail biter from way back. When I Shellac 'em, I stop biting and they grow out, nicely. :)

Hi all. I am a massive lover:Love: of Shellac for my own nails and my clients and have never had one bit of problem with it at all. Just wanted to show you guys some pictures of two of my friends nails who were nail biters until I persuaded them to let me use them as guinea pigs for Shellac to see if it would help them, ok i know they needed a bit of willpower also. Not the greatest of pics but shows the growth and my first attempts at rockstar too. One set of nails are eight weeks from first application and the other set are five weeks. Removing and re-shellacing every two weeks. Wow:biggrin: They are over the moon now and they can't rave enough about Shellac. Maybe they been around me too long but even they know all the info inside out and explain it to all thier family and friends lol.. Also I recently invested in sixteen of the Sweetsquared glitters and they are fandabbiedozzie....

Wow what a fantastic achievement for you and your clients. Well done.:biggrin:

i ve only done 1 real nail biter and they were off the same day as i did them, put me off a bit, will give them another go seeing yours. I put glitter on her and i don't know if i left them with a bit to pick at. only client that i have do this to me though. Do you find it hard to seal the egde though without it flooding the dip at the end of their fingers.

Attachments

• P1060890.jpg
    P1060890.jpg
    113 KB
Ah thank you all for your lovely comments. Odee in answer to your question YES it was more tricky to try to 'swipe' the free edge as there was none but after applying top coat to nail plate gently held down the skin and I just put a tiny amount of top coat on brush and done the edge. Any that I did get on the skin I wiped off with an orangewood stick. Hope I have described it ok for you......

Fantastic! I've never had a nail biter yet but now I know what to do with them!

What a transformation. You must be really pleased x

Well done. I used shellac to help my daughter.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326952659.715571.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326952659.715571.jpg
    34.7 KB
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326952699.712389.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326952699.712389.jpg
    37.6 KB
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326952722.670716.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326952722.670716.jpg
    32 KB
I'm ashamed to say I'm a nail biter! When I apply my shellac I find it hard sealing the free edge so I end up picking and its of straight away!
What's best way for me to seal the edge so I can get beautiful nails! X

I'm ashamed to say I'm a nail biter! When I apply my shellac I find it hard sealing the free edge so I end up picking and its of straight away!
What's best way for me to seal the edge so I can get beautiful nails! X

I have this problem too. I just use my thumb of the hand I'm painting to slightly pull down the tip of the finger. I use a small amount of topcoat on the brush and glide gently up to the edge. Then I swipe the freed edge/finger tip with a finger to pull and move any topcoat that may have bled over to the nail. Hard to describe, but it seems to work for me.

Just think about how small your nail is and how much topcoat is really needed to cover such a tiny space.

Oh and every time I put my fingers in or near my mouth I put on hand lotion or Solar Oil which seems to deter me from putting them in my mouth for a little while.

I have this problem too. I just use my thumb of the hand I'm painting to slightly pull down the tip of the finger. I use a small amount of topcoat on the brush and glide gently up to the edge. Then I swipe the freed edge/finger tip with a finger to pull and move any topcoat that may have bled over to the nail. Hard to describe, but it seems to work for me.

Just think about how small your nail is and how much topcoat is really needed to cover such a tiny space.

Oh and every time I put my fingers in or near my mouth I put on hand lotion or Solar Oil which seems to deter me from putting them in my mouth for a little while.

Think ladies !!!

Use a sculpting form on ever-so-tiny-bitten-nails and this will protect the skin from getting Shellac on it and allow you to seal whatever edge there is available with Shellac. Why is it that people can't figure anything out for themselves anymore?? :eek: Easier to just ask I guess and let others do the thinking for you? :biggrin:

Thank you so much geeg. I never even thought about using sculpting forms. Will definatly do that next time I persuade a friend to let me try to help them grow their nails out with the wonder of Shellac :biggrin:

Think ladies !!!

Use a sculpting form on ever-so-tiny-bitten-nails and this will protect the skin from getting Shellac on it and allow you to seal whatever edge there is available with Shellac. Why is it that people can't figure anything out for themselves anymore?? :eek: Easier to just ask I guess and let others do the thinking for you? :biggrin:

24/7 access to a guru like you Gigi...makes us all lazy me thinks :Love:

Think ladies !!!

Dare I ask Geeg, what is a sculpting form? I only do natural nails and have only just booked my Shellac course! Sorry if I am being Naive.

I really want to take a Shellac course!is it worth it for mobile techs?x

Latest posts

Back