Please help-glitter tips on gel extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW86

Reaction score
Please can anyone help?
I am fairly new to doing nails, I use hard gel for extensions & I have been asked to put glitter on the tips only.

I have watched YouTube videos & found a few different ways to do it, I have tried doing them on myself but still find it quite tricky & a lengthy process.
I've tried applying the tip then mixing glitter in with the gel, applying to tips only then doing the rest of the nail....I've tried sticking the glitter on the tips with nail glue before they are applied, putting on a top coat, curing then the gel extensions process...I've also tried putting a base coat on the tips before they are applied then adding glitter, curing & then a top coat, curing, then the whole gel extensions process.

Has anyone ever done this type of thing? Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Personally I would do my gel extensions as Normal then you want to encapsulate the glitter, the main reason being next time if the client wants a glitter colour/design change this is going to be easy for you to buff off! So I would apply the glitter to the inhibition layer, just on the tips, then apply a gel top coat, simples! X

Thank you for your reply....yeah I see what you mean, I was just a bit worried about my timing as it still takes me a while to apply gel extensions alone with me being quite new to it all xx

Latest posts

Back