Please help, waxing spots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi beauty/skin geeks .. Just popped over from hair for a little advice please..

Ok, so I've had a hollywood wax a few times before and had one again yesterday mainly because I'm going on holiday tomorrow, but this time I have come up in lots of little whitehead spots and red bumps! :( its really sore and looks horrible! :( *cry* .. Please could you let me know what could have caused this? And what I can do to get rid of it? .. Like I said I go away tomorrow so obviously don't want it like this for my whole holiday :(
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks geeks xxx

Try some savlon or bepanthen. Should help. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks salj.. Will try that xx

What aftercare advice were you given.If you do a search on here for ingrowing hairs you will find lots of info and advice and also products that you can try.

You need to do some gentle exfoliation i would use salt at the mo mixed with a bit of olive oil if you have any tea tree or lavender then add a drop of that too.Then plaster yourself in sudocrem.
Should help but they will prob stay around for a few days.

Once the spots have stopped carry on gently exfoliating until your next wax to help all hairs come through properly.
Avoid picking.

Chances are you are going to be prone to them but you can do things to avoid getting them.Sometimes it can be due to bad waxing (not pulling off in the right direction)so be aware of that too.

For some clients in can be quite common; hair in this area is much coarser. Some of my male clients find anti histamine for a few days make a huge difference. I appreciate that some clients cant take these but those that can have commented on how if does help..

Some soothing gels like aloe vera or some calamine lotion may help soothe the skin. Combine this with your usual aftercare and it should soon clear up.

HTH Jack

Just read again and see that you had your wax yesterday so follow Jacks advice as breaking out so soon is usually a histamine reaction its not an allergy, just lymph rushing to the area due to trauma (the body doesnt quite understand having the hairs ripped out of it and thinks must protect so sends white cells to the area.
If you get breakouts a week or so after that will be ingrowns.

Many thanks for both of your replies. I shall get some anti histamines and give that a try :( .. I have had waxing before, and specifically a Hollywood about 5 times and never come across this. I went to a different place this time so was thinking that could be the reason for it, but unsure as to why. I hope that the anti histamines and cream works so that I'm not like this all holiday :( xx thanks again geeks xx

For some clients in can be quite common; hair in this area is much coarser. Some of my male clients find anti histamine for a few days make a huge difference. I appreciate that some clients cant take these but those that can have commented on how if does help..

Some soothing gels like aloe vera or some calamine lotion may help soothe the skin. Combine this with your usual aftercare and it should soon clear up.

HTH Jack

thats excellent advice, never thought of that but i'm going to give it a try and let my clients know too. thanks :D

Many thanks for both of your replies. I shall get some anti histamines and give that a try :( .. I have had waxing before, and specifically a Hollywood about 5 times and never come across this. I went to a different place this time so was thinking that could be the reason for it, but unsure as to why. I hope that the anti histamines and cream works so that I'm not like this all holiday :( xx thanks again geeks xx

for the first year of having a hollywood i never had a problem and then randomly i broke out after one of my waxes, always gone to the same therapist never anyone else, they usually go within a day or 2 :D have a nice holiday x

As said, Bapanthem and keep the area cool and dry. x

Sorry to jump the thread, but seems silly to create a new one!
What could you use on facial waxing (as in chin, cheeks and side of face) to prevent breakouts after waxing? This can be just as bad as having the hair!!! X

Latest posts

Back