Purple Hats!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz3

Reaction score
Purple Hats!
In honor of women's history month and in memory of Erma Bombeck who lost her fight with cancer.

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck

(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it, live it and never give it back. Stop sweating the small stuff.

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what.

Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.

Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Beautiful Women's Month

Age 3: She looks at herself and sees a Queen.

Age 8: She looks at herself and sees Cinderella.

Age 15: She looks at herself and sees an Ugly Sister (Mum I can't go to school looking like this!)

Age 20: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"- but decides she's going out anyway.

Age 30: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly" - but decides she doesn't have time to fix it, so she's going out anyway.

Age 40: She looks at herself and sees "clean" and goes out anyway.

Age 50: She looks at herself and sees "I am" and goes wherever she wants to go.

Age 60: She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't even see themselves in the mirror anymore. Goes out and conquers the world.

Age 70: She looks at herself &sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes out and enjoys life.

Age 80: Doesn't bother to look Just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.

CAZ XXX

i got this in an email recently! makes u think

xxx

caz3 said:
Purple Hats!
In honor of women's history month and in memory of Erma Bombeck who lost her fight with cancer.

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck

(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it, live it and never give it back. Stop sweating the small stuff.

Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Beautiful Women's Month

Age 3: She looks at herself and sees a Queen.

Age 8: She looks at herself and sees Cinderella.

Age 15: She looks at herself and sees an Ugly Sister (Mum I can't go to school looking like this!)

Age 20: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"- but decides she's going out anyway.

Age 30: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly" - but decides she doesn't have time to fix it, so she's going out anyway.

Age 40: She looks at herself and sees "clean" and goes out anyway.

Age 50: She looks at herself and sees "I am" and goes wherever she wants to go.

Age 60: She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't even see themselves in the mirror anymore. Goes out and conquers the world.

Age 70: She looks at herself &sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes out and enjoys life.

Age 80: Doesn't bother to look Just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.

CAZ XXX

I love this poem - I had this emailed to me recently too. Very poignant for me right now too, I lost my uncle a few weeks ago - he died from cancer at 47 - a huge loss and shock to our family. (Hence my sad mood!) I have taken it a lot to heart, and am now trying to live each day and not take it for granted that there will always be another. xxx

im really sorry to hear that bea! :hug: for u & ur family.

xxxx

Kitten said:
I love this poem - I had this emailed to me recently too. Very poignant for me right now too, I lost my uncle a few weeks ago - he died from cancer at 47 - a huge loss and shock to our family. (Hence my sad mood!) I have taken it a lot to heart, and am now trying to live each day and not take it for granted that there will always be another. xxx

with the way im feeling at the moment this post made me cry again but has also brought a smile to my face as i know im guilty of worrying about some of this stuff, it made me reolise, i may be going through a lot at the moment but i also have a lot to be thankfull for
:) the lady whom wrote this must have been a very special person

Awww, thanks nuttinikki, I'm getting there slowly, but sometimes feel like my head is full of cotton wool - he was like a father to me & my sis and we all miss him terribly. He was a really popular guy around town too, over 450 people came to his funeral. If I could work out this flippin' geekmolians thing I'd buy you a pressie! xxx

thats ok hun! i know it's gonna be hard for u guys, cancer is a horrible thing! my gran & grandad died of it suddenly, my mum had it but thankfully she is ok now, it's the one thing that scares me to death! just keep all those memories of him! life for u will go on now, but am sure he will be watching over u all now & he will be very proud.

take care hun
xxx
Kitten said:
Awww, thanks nuttinikki, I'm getting there slowly, but sometimes feel like my head is full of cotton wool - he was like a father to me & my sis and we all miss him terribly. He was a really popular guy around town too, over 450 people came to his funeral. If I could work out this flippin' geekmolians thing I'd buy you a pressie! xxx

:hug: to kitten, I know how it feels to loose someone to this terrible disease.

This is a very beautiful and inspiring poem. Who cares what other people think of you, love yourself :)

It made me feel all weepy too!!
Really makes you think about the important stuff!!

Tilly xx

Yes my own Mother Died of this when she was only 28 years of age she left my sister who was 4 years and myself who was 2 years. Very sad she knew she was going to die and could not come to terms with having to leave her Daughters behind we were her life. My Nan my mums Mother is now 93 years of age she lives on her own and cooks cleans and washes for herself she is so good for her age. She often tells me about my Mum when we see her she is a great person has had her daughter 28 took away, her hubby 54 took away, her son 54 took away all from cancer she has one son left and lots of grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Like you all I have had a few tears today when I got this sent to me this morning and just now talking about my Mum.
You all take care and :hug:'s.
Live day by day and enjoy as life is so short.
Caz xxx

:hug:

Caz xxx

Kitten said:

i want to send a really big hug:hug: to all of you whom have been effected by anything like this, you are all such strong brave people

you know... that poem really makes you sit up and take notice, that line in the quote box is a very important one, one that applies to me (less now that I'm a bit older) and probably a lot of you guys too.

:hug: x

Just like to say that c is awful as a 14 yo girl(who i knew) in my village also passed on at the w/end after fighting for 3 years so my heart goes out to everyone suffering.:Love:

Latest posts

Back