Semi Permanent and Express lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabrina_Starr

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, HAPPY FRIDAY!

I was wondering whether someone could tell me the difference between Semi Permanent and Express lashes. I know they all have different names I just want to get it right for my salon information and also for my training.

So I've already done Weekend Lashes I was under the impression that these were express lashes but now I'm not so sure.

Heeeeelp :S

Generally semi permanent lashes are single extensions that are applied to each natural lash by isolating the "neighbours" whilst express lashes are extensions that are applied to the natural lash with isolating them so its a quicker treatment but the lashes should be removed after 1-2 weeks while semi permanent lashes can last 2-3 months but need regular maintenance. Does that help?

That's super! It might be worth my while doing express lashes in the near future then once I know how much they'll be in demand.

Thanks a trillion x x

The problem with express lashes is that clients need to be educated so they understand the difference. I have many clients come to have the express lashes removed because they thought they got a bad set of semi permanent singles. Then the tech looks like she did a bad job in the eyes of the client. I personally only do the semi permanent singles, and that is all we train lash techs to do. We believe them to be the only ones that won't wreck the lash line over time.

Most clients return fortnightly with express you can create a falser fuller look but they must be removed every 2 weeks I have equal clients for both types it all depends what you want from your clients

My express lashes are fairly popular.

I include removal in the price and book clients in for application AND removal 2 weeks later.

My express lashes are fairly popular.

I include removal in the price and book clients in for application AND removal 2 weeks later.

Do you use the same glue for the express lashes? or do you use something that holds for less time?

Same adhesive as you will remove them 2 weeks later

Do you use the same glue for the express lashes? or do you use something that holds for less time?

Thanks Bonkers x

Yes. Same glue which is why I ensure they are rebooked for removal

Is it also the same lashes that are used for both express and s/p? X

Is it also the same lashes that are used for both express and s/p? X

Yes. But you need to undertake separate training or your insurance won't cover you x

Thanks ladies, I just wanted to be sure. Once I've got some more pennies I'll look into doing express lashes. Sounds like they're definitely worth it xx

Latest posts

Back