Should I still have Brazilian blowdry on Monday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've just nipped over from the nail tech side for a bit of advice please. I'm booked in to have a brazilian blowdry on Monday but today I've had my long, fine hair cut from very long to shoulder length with lots of volume and flicks/curls. It looks gorgeous but will need a lot of blow drying with round brush to get volume and flicks in and I'm worried that if I still have the brazilian blowdry it will make it too flat and limp and I won't be able to get any volume in it. My friend is supposed to be doing Beox brazilian on me but although she is trained in Beox Keratin treatments she is not actually a trained hairdresser so I need to ask you clever hair geeks whether I should still go ahead or whether you think I will ruin the style and won't be able to get volume/flicks/curls in after, especially coz my friend puts the brazilian in straightening it dead flat with the irons. I have got frizzyish, flat, fine hair and all the layers today have finally given it alot of volume, especially round the top section and sides which is where I wanted it. I'm scared I'm going to ruin the style and I don't know what to do for the best.
So do you reccommend I still have the keratin with this new style or not????
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks geekies xxx

Hi, I would leave it for now, sounds like you are happy with your new hair anyway! And when it comes to having it done I would let a trained hairdresser in Brazilian do it for you . Enjoy the look you have now as it is trendy to have curls and flicks,and volume!!!!

I think it has the potential to make your hair even more flat. Maybe you could just have it on the mid lengths and ends, if you say you suffer frizz?

Curious to know how you train in Brazilian blow dry if you're not a hairdresser?! I would have thought it went had in hand!

I think it has the potential to make your hair even more flat. Maybe you could just have it on the mid lengths and ends, if you say you suffer frizz?

Curious to know how you train in Brazilian blow dry if you're not a hairdresser?! I would have thought it went had in hand!

Thanks ladies. she is qualified beautician + the beox course she did allowed non hairdressers. I remember she went up 2 london 4 it. She did a beox treatment on my daughter + lots of my otha friends + they all came out fantastic but they all had long thick hair. Anyway, back 2 my dilemma, i was wonderin if she could put it in but instead of straightening it dead flat could she use the irons 2 flick + curl it in the style its meant 2 be?. Or maybe put the keratin in but then put big rollers in 2 "set" it in the style its meant 2 be? Is it possible 2 do this? Would it permanently set it with volume + flicks?
Thank you 4 your help girls x x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

, i was wonderin if she could put it in but instead of straightening it dead flat could she use the irons 2 flick + curl it in the style its meant 2 be?. Or maybe put the keratin in but then put big rollers in 2 "set" it in the style its meant 2 be? Is it possible 2 do this? Would it permanently set it with volume + flicks?

I have wondered this too. I think it's the heat that sets/seals the treatment. so I don't suppose rollers would work. And when I had it done they straightened the hair a number of times. So I don't know if you could curl it (with straighteners) a number of times or not. Interested to know because I'd prefer this than straight.

I have wondered this too. I think it's the heat that sets/seals the treatment. so I don't suppose rollers would work. And when I had it done they straightened the hair a number of times. So I don't know if you could curl it (with straighteners) a number of times or not. Interested to know because I'd prefer this than straight.

Well u would think someone would come up with this treatment - it would be great!

, i was wonderin if she could put it in but instead of straightening it dead flat could she use the irons 2 flick + curl it in the style its meant 2 be?. Or maybe put the keratin in but then put big rollers in 2 "set" it in the style its meant 2 be? Is it possible 2 do this? Would it permanently set it with volume + flicks?

Thanks ladies. she is qualified beautician + the beox course she did allowed non hairdressers. I remember she went up 2 london 4 it. She did a beox treatment on my daughter + lots of my otha friends + they all came out fantastic but they all had long thick hair. Anyway, back 2 my dilemma, i was wonderin if she could put it in but instead of straightening it dead flat could she use the irons 2 flick + curl it in the style its meant 2 be?. Or maybe put the keratin in but then put big rollers in 2 "set" it in the style its meant 2 be? Is it possible 2 do this? Would it permanently set it with volume + flicks?
Thank you 4 your help girls x x

Unfortunately no, each section of hair has to be straightened 2x slow, 6-8 quick, there's no way flicks or rollers or anything can be put into the hair. Rules are black and white until first shampoo, no styling products, do no put hair up, tie it back, tuck behind ears, get it wet. It must be kept straight and smooth. After first shampoo the worlds your oyster! It will make your hair flatter without a doubt, but you will still be able to do your flicks and set on rollers, curl it. I feel it's your choice. Unfortunately tho as she's not a hairdresser she's not really going to be able to answer your questions, so hopefully this will help. I always say to clients if you can afford to have brazilian done, try it just once to c wat you think.

Unfortunately no, each section of hair has to be straightened 2x slow, 6-8 quick, there's no way flicks or rollers or anything can be put into the hair. Rules are black and white until first shampoo, no styling products, do no put hair up, tie it back, tuck behind ears, get it wet. It must be kept straight and smooth. After first shampoo the worlds your oyster! It will make your hair flatter without a doubt, but you will still be able to do your flicks and set on rollers, curl it. I feel it's your choice. Unfortunately tho as she's not a hairdresser she's not really going to be able to answer your questions, so hopefully this will help. I always say to clients if you can afford to have brazilian done, try it just once to c wat you think.

Thank u very much 4 ur reply. Iv now decided not 2 have it done until iv washed + blowdried my new style a few times 2 c if my hairs less frizzy now that iv had so much cut off. 1 question tho, if ur not allowed 2 tie ur hair up or put it behind ur ears is it coz the kinks would stay in? So wouldnt rollers work in the same way? Just curious.,
Thank u 4 ur help x x

1 question tho, if ur not allowed 2 tie ur hair up or put it behind ur ears is it coz the kinks would stay in? So wouldnt rollers work in the same way? Just curious.,
Thank u 4 ur help x x

Anyone??? xx

Anyone??? xx

No the process just wouldn't work, it has to be kept straight and smooth, plus damage can occur if the process isnt followed to the letter. As soon as it's washed you can use all your usual styling techniques. There is a new Beox I'm about to buy that can be washed straight away, totally aldehyde and formaldehyde free apparently. Which one does your friend use? Surely she can advise you on all this, or don't you totally trust in her advice?

Latest posts

Back