Tanning. It only takes one knock to put you down!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

So, I know that this board get pretty clogged up with tanning posts and I ahve read through the "sticky" and learned a lot.

I trained a couple of months ago, on the training I got on fine, everyones tans turned out lovely etc, even those I did after the trainer left.

I recently had a fellow therapist in, who has just learnt with sienna, she is super fair skinned and warned me that tan barely ever took to her skin. She insisted I used 10% rather than 8% and as she's a friend I agreed after some persuasion.

Anyway, I saw her last night, first time since tues and the tan was awful. She had no tan on her face and said it literally washed off. it was patchy on her arms and it had all rubbed off on her legs where she had been horse riding. I would expect some fading from the rubbing but it was literally white.

She followed all of he pre tan advice. She did wear deo the night before and not remove? Not sure if this would affect her armpits then next morn??

Just gutted. I work with NOUVATAN and its shattered my confidence. Feel like I need more training now.

Any of you other geeks experienced this? Sorry for the ramble, my postsa rent usually like this!

:sad:

Does any of these problems usually happen with your clients?

If not, then you can kind of eliminate your technique. x

Well, if she told you before the tan that she has problems with it staying on her skin properly and your other tans have been fine, then you've done nothing wrong. She's just someone whose skin doesn't agree with tanning products.

Get a couple of friends round, spray them, see your fantastic work the next day and feel better xx

Thankyou for taking the time to reply ladies.

I had one patch on another friends arm but as far as I know thats it.

She says she has had sienna tans and its been fine, she said this was one of the worst shes had! Not in a nasty way atall, but it still knocks you.

I use nouvatan and find it brilliant. I had one client who had had a trial tan (for her sons wedding) with another supplier, and it completely washed off. I was a bit concerned but went ahead with her tan, and she said it was brilliant! I think some tans must be better on some people and others on others. I haven't yet had anyone not happy with nouvatan...I think you've just been unlucky! X

Thankyou, I think being so new to it, Ive only sprayed about 15-20 people Im just concerned its my technique.

As someone who's ridden for years then the friction when you're riding is quite something else... so yes it could completely rub it off - especially if she's not been exfoliating prior to the tan.
Depending on the deodorant then yes it could have blocked the tan from taking under her arms...

Are you sure she didn't do anything that would have made her sweat for the 8 hour development time?

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but i used to use doublebase to moisturise, but always followed pre-tan advice rigorously so was moisturiser free for my tan. But i found spray tans on me to often wear off quite patchy & almost streaky at times, until one kindly geek pointed out the 'stripping' qualities of oil based moisturisers like doublebase. I can only think it was leaving an invisible film on my skin, even after showering. (I've also heard that some shower gels have the same impact on P20 & put a barrier on the skin so P20 doesn't work properly.)Is it possible she's used an oily moisturiser that has the same effect? Incidentally, i now use aqueous cream x

Latest posts

Back