Wella 12/16 - salmon pink!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyvictoria

Reaction score
Used a tube of 12/16 in foils on a clients hair last night. And instead of being an ash blonde it came out a rather fetching salmon pink colour. I used a new tint bowl and a new tint brush so it's not from colour from any other products that hasn't been washed off properly. Luckily used a bleach bath and a blue shampoo and it got rid of alot of it but its still warm, not ash. What do I do?! I was absolutely ****ting myself when I took the foils out. Is this a fault from wella?? I was so embarrassed. Xxx

Oh god thats awful. Was it going on top of blonde? X

Yeah! I used bleach with 6 percent and 12/16 with 12 percent. So lucky it came out with bleach bath etcxxx

Yeah was going on top of blonde xxx

I tend to only use the ten line for toneing, mixing with other colours and removing banding and I tend to use 10/0 for highlights on tinted hair which makes the highlights to come out 1 to 2 shades lighter with out a massive contrast and using bleach it will of gone that colour because of the violet tone I once used and 8/7 on bleached hair and it went purple I s**t my sen lol xx glad u go it out xx

Oh sorry I fort it said 10/16 egnor me what an idiot I am sorry xx

Yeah was going on top of blonde xxx

Ahh i recon thats why then, did it go a nice colour on her natural roots?
it will not have anything to lift so it sucked in all the tone :/ also when hair is more porous the tone sticks to it.
What colour was on her ends? did they need lifting if they were already blonde? Xx

I used 12/16 yesterday as one colour on blonde highlights, it went v pink in packets and I was a bit spooked but washed out fine and got a nice lift:)

It lifted the roots not as much as I had hoped tho. And when I washed it out the hair was pink, it wasn't like bleach blonde hair it was more of a base 9? It wasn't peroxide white or anything. I just thought that's quite bad isn't it, ive been hairdressing for 4 years never had that happen befor x

It lifted the roots not as much as I had hoped tho. And when I washed it out the hair was pink, it wasn't like bleach blonde hair it was more of a base 9? It wasn't peroxide white or anything. I just thought that's quite bad isn't it, ive been hairdressing for 4 years never had that happen befor x
its grabbed the tone as it was light anyway, should have used hilift on roots and just toned length.

Oh I see! Ill keep that in mind for next time. Least it got sorted anyway thank god I remembered to bring my blue shampoo!! Thanks for all the advice and comments. Xxx

Her hair might be porous so it grabbed too much. Were you using this as a high lift tint or toner? Use the wella 10/ line with 3% they make a l10 blonde come out amazing x

Her hair might be porous so it grabbed too much. Were you using this as a high lift tint or toner? Use the wella 10/ line with 3% they make a l10 blonde come out amazing x

There is no 3% in wella

The Wella pastel is 3% xx

Used a tube of 12/16 in foils on a clients hair last night. And instead of being an ash blonde it came out a rather fetching salmon pink colour. I used a new tint bowl and a new tint brush so it's not from colour from any other products that hasn't been washed off properly. Luckily used a bleach bath and a blue shampoo and it got rid of alot of it but its still warm, not ash. What do I do?! I was absolutely ****ting myself when I took the foils out. Is this a fault from wella?? I was so embarrassed. Xxx
I had a regular client of mine come today that wanted her grey/white roots touched up. I had her normal formula in mind but she said she was thinking instead of the 88/0 that we normally do she would like to start going lighter/cooler for summer. I checked my dispensary and swatch book. She wanted to go for the special blond 12/16 shade. Now, I do not really have experience with the special blonds and had only previously used this shade as an experimental toning on myself which i only remembered not really noticing much difference. So As soon as i mixed it for her with just a 20 volume i noticed it was a different consistency. After i applied i got the same salmon pink results you described. In my mind i was freaking but thought when i rinse her out I can just apply a toner at least her grey will have been presoftened. So i rinse her and still seeing a pink dream tint at the roots so I mixed a 10/03 toner. It cut the violet a ton but i felt like her roots wet looked whitish in the resistant temple zones still. She was ok with it knowing she asked for the lighter shade to begin with but i felt i had to figure this shade out. Come to find out...for these highlift shades it says if you are applying to white hair you need to add pure natural base tone in with it. So while that is different and confusing it also makes sense now. So i feel like i did all of this a bit backwards could have added the 10/03 into formula but all in all it turned out. I saved myself with critical thinking. Her temple area looks light but dry it is a blonde not actually white. I probably won't use this shade but for toning in future.
Screenshot_2018-06-06-15-52-31.png

Latest posts

Back