Wella KP Special Blonde + 0/28 or 0/88

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightinEv

Reaction score
Hey all!

I made this topic because I have limited experience with any High-lift dye not coming out brassy. It's not an issue with clients that want golden/copper tones, but this is about my own hair and although it's supposedly at the limit for high-lifts working correctly (a mix of levels 7, 6 and 5, averaging 6), I've always gotten "peach blonde" in the darkest areas and light but very yellow results over the lightest ones. My hair is also pretty acidic and "closed off", it doesn't lift very easily relative to the natural level. I've used High-lift on it when pre-lightened with no issue (damaging, I know).

Having said that - even though, for some reason, that specific shade is not available in my country - I've seen that Wella carry 12/22, which in principle would indicate that you'd be able to use it on level 5 hair without it coming off super warm. That piqued my interest and got me thinking about using Special Mix in shades like 0/28 or 0/88 to add to something like 12/81 (granted, I'd lose some lift but that's not a huge issue here). I'm giving it some thought because currently my hair is 9 and 10 with some lowlights at 7 that I did to alleviate demarcation (it didn't make the hair significantly darken, though it did break the block "platinum" as I intended), but my ash level 6 coming through is still bothering me. I can't do a simple "root bump" or something like that because my skin is very cool and any warmth clashes with it, so this is the core of my question - have any of you used these high-lifts with pigment added to them rendering cool results that last? I don't mind it looking mousy or dull for a while if it means it'll settle into a neutral color eventually, I just don't want orange coming through.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back