Which Shellac colours for French manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there I'm going to put my order in for the Cnd lamp and want to buy a White and clear pink to do a natural French manicure. Some pinks can ve over powering I like a pink to just give a healthy look to the nail, then a nice clean White free edge without looking like it's pure White but still looking White if that makes sense which white and pink would you recommend?

Also which is a lovely deep metallic red the I could get I like the dark reds?

How long do the bulbs last for
Many thanks
Nenee

Hi there I'm going to put my order in for the Cnd lamp and want to buy a White and clear pink to do a natural French manicure. Some pinks can ve over powering I like a pink to just give a healthy look to the nail, then a nice clean White free edge without looking like it's pure White but still looking White if that makes sense which white and pink would you recommend?

Also which is a lovely deep metallic red the I could get I like the dark reds?

How long do the bulbs last for
Many thanks
Nenee

Hiya, I use negligee for the pink and cream Puff for the white. Negligee is a very natural pink.
The only red I have is Masquerade at the moment Which is a shimmery red.
CND bulbs lasts for 100 hours
Hth x

Hollywood is a gorgeous red x

Hiya, I use negligee for the pink and cream Puff for the white. Negligee is a very natural pink.
The only red I have is Masquerade at the moment Which is a shimmery red.
CND bulbs lasts for 100 hours
Hth x

Hi there
Thank you for replying really appreciate it.

I'm just looking through my sweet squared brochure on shellac and the negligee looks like it's cream in colour but does it go on like a clear varnish with a hint of pink?

I can't seem to see any glitter/shimmer type colours do they do any?

Both the Hollywood and masquerade look great so many to choose from
Cheers
NEnee

Beau is stunning as a French base colour x

Mother of pearl gives a beautiful sparkle layer x

Hi there
Thank you for replying really appreciate it.

I'm just looking through my sweet squared brochure on shellac and the negligee looks like it's cream in colour but does it go on like a clear varnish with a hint of pink?

I can't seem to see any glitter/shimmer type colours do they do any?

Both the Hollywood and masquerade look great so many to choose from
Cheers
NEnee

Hiya, yes the negligee bottle looks cream but the polish is clear with a hint of pink. Ive attached a photo of the negligee with cream
Puff. The White is a VERY White & I use 1st coat of negligee, cream puff for the tip and a 2nd layer of negligee to tone the White down. However I believe in sept there are a few more colours coming out and 1 is a natural White.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310312288.061077.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310312288.061077.jpg
    32.8 KB
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310312305.869334.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310312305.869334.jpg
    33.4 KB
if you go on the sweet squared website i think they have a description of each shellac colour :)

Hiya, yes the negligee bottle looks cream but the polish is clear with a hint of pink. Ive attached a photo of the negligee with cream
Puff. The White is a VERY White & I use 1st coat of negligee, cream puff for the tip and a 2nd layer of negligee to tone the White down. However I believe in sept there are a few more colours coming out and 1 is a natural White.

That's fab Hun thank u for doing the pics that's exactly how I like to do my French!
Will get buying now can't wait to get started.

Have u any good tips that you found helped when using shellac? Iv heard if it's to thick it wrinkles and comes off but also you can see through the colour if it's put on too thin. Do you cap the free edge too?
Nenee

:biggrin:hi,
Layers of polish should go on really thin. The first layer may look patchy but when the 2nd one goes on it will be fine.
Yes cap the free edge.
if you get some wrinkling try not to worry as the top coat usually covers it up .

:biggrin:hi,
Layers of polish should go on really thin. The first layer may look patchy but when the 2nd one goes on it will be fine.
Yes cap the free edge.
if you get some wrinkling try not to worry as the top coat usually covers it up .

Thank you

Can't wait to try it out it looks amazing.
Nenee

That's fab Hun thank u for doing the pics that's exactly how I like to do my French!
Will get buying now can't wait to get started.

Have u any good tips that you found helped when using shellac? Iv heard if it's to thick it wrinkles and comes off but also you can see through the colour if it's put on too thin. Do you cap the free edge too?
Nenee

The best advise I can give is to search utube for the 'finger nail fixer'
Theres loads and loads of great videos with tips and tricks on Shellac regarding French, application etc!
You definately don't want to leave creases as this will hinder the application. I have no tips to give I'm afraid as that photo is my 1st time with Shellac (only had it a week)
Anyway hope this helps
X

Also, if your client has beautiful natural nails with some free edge, using Clearly Pink makes them look like an American Manicure. My mom has really nice nails and I used CP the last time she was Shellac'd. She called the other day to say she LOVES the color. HTH and good luck with your french! :)

Hi

Can't wait to receive my lamp etc now

Qyestion; Can I ask what should u charge customers if I'm mobile? What is the going rate?

Question; Do you find customers are happy that there's no infill and that every two weeks they have to pay full price to have them re done( do u include soaking them off in the price?

Question; are there any tutorials on how to do glitter French manicure if customer has a good free edge?

Many thanks
Nenee

Sorry for my stuipid question, but when I checked the negligee the bottle lookes white. But on your pic I can see pink.... have I misundrestood something?? And could you clarify something for my new baby brain... you put base coat, cream puff for free edge then negligee and then top coat?? Ad cure under lamp inbetween each step this is?? And yes I would be interested what would be the right price to charge as mobile therapist?
Thanks,
Maja

Beau and Studio White

Sorry for my stuipid question, but when I checked the negligee the bottle lookes white. But on your pic I can see pink.... have I misundrestood something?? And could you clarify something for my new baby brain... you put base coat, cream puff for free edge then negligee and then top coat?? Ad cure under lamp inbetween each step this is?? And yes I would be interested what would be the right price to charge as mobile therapist?
Thanks,
Maja

I think the bottle shes holding is hot pop pink. Not the one she used. Negliee is a white bottle x

i use beau for a natural healthy looking nail and either studio white for a soft french or cream puff for a full on french xx

Beau and Studio White

Beau and Studio White

I also have beau and studio white which I find beautifully natural but I do find I sometimes have to do two coats of studio white to achieve a more apparent look. Do you? Or do you think I should maybe invest in creme puff? Also, do you put your studio white on top of two coats of beau or do you sandwich it in between two coats of beau? I've only done a few and have always put the white on top before the top coat. Wondered if there was a better way? Thanks very much in advance xx

I also have beau and studio white which I find beautifully natural but I do find I sometimes have to do two coats of studio white to achieve a more apparent look. Do you? Or do you think I should maybe invest in creme puff? Also, do you put your studio white on top of two coats of beau or do you sandwich it in between two coats of beau? I've only done a few and have always put the white on top before the top coat. Wondered if there was a better way? Thanks very much in advance xx

I always do two coats of beau, and then the Studio white. If I want it a brighter white, I then use Cream Puff. I never add a second coat of studio white, purely because too many coats makes it too thick and look bulky, and can cause wrinkling when curing! But I don't like to sandwich the white between Beau, as I like my whites to look pure!

Latest posts

Back