SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there! It sounds like you had a truly unique and beautifully executed haircut all those years ago. From your description, it seems like it was a precise two-layer cut with a blunt, sharp finish, which gave your fine hair that fuller, smarter look. Definitely not your standard layered cut! I can totally understand why you'd want to avoid messy layers and find someone who can recreate that sleek style.

I’d recommend bringing the image you found to a stylist who specializes in precision cuts, possibly even someone familiar with fabulous hairstyles inspired by Vidal Sassoon's techniques. A good stylist should be able to follow the clear guidelines you remember. Best of luck finding someone who can bring that style back for you!
i, years ago (25 years ago!) I had a lovely hair cut at Vidal Sassoon's by a young man who left shortly after never to be found again. Unfortunately I could never get someone to cut this style again! Every time I described it the stylist looked puzzled. It looks like a two layer hair cut, a very simple and blunt cut, no thinning or slicing. I have since had to be happy with a generic sort of layered haircut. Now, because of Covid I have allowed my hair (and layers) to grow long. So now I would like to try again to find someone to do it. I am really trying to avoid someone who will cut 'standard' and messy layers again. I remember that the original stylist lifted the top layer of my hair really carefully in a sort of pony tail making a shaped parting with the comb all around my head. He pinned it up while he cut the lower layer of my hair bluntly ( or sharply!?) first. Then I don't remember what he did with the tied up top layer exactly, but it turned out like one smaller plate on top of a larger plate. My hair is fairly fine and naturally has some bounce in it so it looked thick and smart to me. Am I talking rubbish or is this a non standard haircut? I found an image on google images that looks generally like what I want. I am in the photos with the long hair and have marked where I think I would like it cut. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Latest posts

Back