A house with salon query?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau-ty

Reaction score
I know a lot of you have home salons, using a room, garage, conservatory etc and if i was looking at a view to moving house because it has a front one storey extension can anyone one tell me of any obstacles i have to encounter.
The extension on the property was a convenience store many years ago and then a tea shop, but was then just used as a house alone and the front was changed back to a lounge.
it would need a front door putting in and there is a downstairs toilet there would be access to, but i would use the one lounge as the salon partitioning off treatment, reception area so all the electric, water etc would be from the house.
I was thinking of this because at the moment i rent a small room, so the money i pay for that could be going towards my mortgage and I'm hoping only one lot of council tax, utilities etc or is this not the case? What classes it as a separate building with its own separate bills? As anyone done a similar thing, obviously i need to go into it thoroughly as it means me selling my current house and moving. I just thought it would work better for me and i would have more space.
Many thanks in advance x

Anyone please ..........?

I'm guessing problems with mortgage - they ask if its for business use?

Planning permission?

I'm sure some of you have gone down this road a little head start/advice would be helpful x

Latest posts

Back