Autobiographies - what have you read?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive read victoria beckhams book i liked that, read robbies 1st book cant remeber what it was called as wasnt impressed by it im sure he will make it up to me in september!! I will keep dreamin!!
Also read appleton sisters book that was good
I started frank skinners but couldnt get into and and started robbies new one feel miles better than the 1st but still not griped by it, wanna read jordans books next x

Have picked up a book for the first time since my toddler was born. It's Richard Branson's Autobiography which I wanted to read because I've joined Virgin Vie Cosmetics and I'm facsinated by how this guy ticks. I'm enjoying it and it's humorous. I really admire him.

Have read Robbie's, the 1st Jordan one and Jodie Marsh's one. But my favourite has to be Billy Connolly's 1st one. I was nearly in tears at some parts and laughing out loud at others. Have got his 2nd one but haven't got round to reading it though. Debating whether or not to read A Child called It, would think it would be hard going and will probably have me in tears but think I will.

David Pelzar's - "A child called it" and "The lost boy"
Richard Pelzar's - "A brothers journey"
Anthony Keidis "Scar Tissue"
cant be doing with the likes of Jordan, Jodie, Victoria or any of the plastic people.

l've read jordans 1st book enjoyed that, my hubby does'ent do books but he was in hospital for 2 weeks last year so he read gazzas book he said it was brill so l might read that

all these books going around we should start a book club! xx

Some Other Rainbow (John McCarthy and Jill Morrell - years old but my all time fave book), another one which was un-put-down-able (?) and didnt expect it to be was Paul Burrells. Also loved Angelas Ashes in book form - couldnt watch the film past the first 10 mins - too sad ! I too avoided the David Peltzer ones as Id take them on board too much :cry:

jac extreme said:
David Pelzar's - "A child called it" and "The lost boy"
Richard Pelzar's - "A brothers journey"
Anthony Keidis "Scar Tissue"
cant be doing with the likes of Jordan, Jodie, Victoria or any of the plastic people.
Totally agree with you re the last three books, Jac. Jordan doesn't like Victoria and Victoria doesn't like Jordon. Who cares? This is my opinion however, I am interested to know what David Pelzar's book is like.

Mrs.Clooney said:
Totally agree with you re the last three books, Jac. Jordan doesn't like Victoria and Victoria doesn't like Jordon. Who cares? This is my opinion however, I am interested to know what David Pelzar's book is like.
David pelzers book is an unputdownable, heartbreaking read. I have read many books on the lives of people who are not famous but have gome through heartbreaking and traumatic childhoods or who have worked with damaged children. try Torey Haydens books they are really interesting, she works with emotionally disturbed children. also try Kevin Lewis "The Kid"
Richard McCann "Just a boy" Jane Elliiot "the little prisoner" and Julie Gregory "Sickened" these books are not for the weak hearted but they show the remarkable courage of these people to overcome their terrible childhoods.

jac extreme said:
David pelzers book is an unputdownable, heartbreaking read. I have read many books on the lives of people who are not famous but have gome through heartbreaking and traumatic childhoods or who have worked with damaged children. try Torey Haydens books they are really interesting, she works with emotionally disturbed children. also try Kevin Lewis "The Kid"
Richard McCann "Just a boy" Jane Elliiot "the little prisoner" and Julie Gregory "Sickened" these books are not for the weak hearted but they show the remarkable courage of these people to overcome their terrible childhoods.
i have read all these too.
also the sisters of mercy about the convent schools
and the hollie wells one by her dad.

I have read David Pelzers 'A child called it' & 'The Lost Boy' - both totallly brilliant.

'Billy' - Billy Connelly's auto by wife Pamela Stephenson - very very good, can't believe what he went thru & suffered in his younger days.

'Goodbye Dearest Holly' - I've just finished reading that, a client loaned it to me. I have a daughter who's now 12, and was 1 year younger that Jessica Chapman & Holly Wells. This is a truly haunting story, but i'm pleased i had the guts to read it. Closed a few doors on that dreadful murder.

I read graham nortons book. It was really funny, sad and truthful. He really opens up about his life being gay and how he made it to fame. I would recommend this one. I would like to read julian clareys one. I bought jordans first book but have not started it yet. I think it will be good though.

I've read all the Dave Pelzer Books too - all excellent but so very sad - cried alot!

I also read Behind Closed Doors (Martine McCutcheon's mothers story), that was a really good read - cried again!!

Loved both Jordan's books, totally changed my opinion of her. Think she's great and hasn't had it easy by any means.

Simon Cowells was fab too - love him!

Gloria Hunnifords book about her beloved daughter was very sad too but so well written.

Got Sharon Osbournes here to read, but I dunno,I just don't seem to be in a hurry to start it!!

After reading these posts, now I'm going to get the Holly Wells one and Sarah Paynes stories.

Hayles x

im halfway thro sharons osbournes its good...ive also read kurt kobains journals..and ive also read the krays...i think im hooked on um...great books tho:D

I've read both of Jordan's and couldn't put either of them down once I started!

both of jordans were great - i finished them both within a day of geting them as they are s hard to put down!!!! defo recommend them

just finished the 2nd jordan one and loved it!!! ordered holly wells story from amazon too, waiting for it to come now

I had never read any until my uncle died of cancer then my auntie told me to read the one about Karen Keaton and John Thaw they were such a help ok they did make me cry but they also left a warm feeling inside:Love:
I would definitely read more:Love:

Latest posts

Back