Balayage/Ombré struggle!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do u leave a fine slice out like when u would normally when adding a foil? And how thick should the section to be painted be?

Not usually because you're surface painting, however you can but i'd prefer to just not go into full saturation on the ends if you want to leave dimension in the ends. The bleach needs to be layered on very thick so that you can't see the hair where the highlight has been painted, it should look like icing:

Where and how do you stand when you elevate the top section.

I only elevate the top section parallel to the floor....

Where and how do you stand when you elevate the top section.

I only elevate the top section parallel to the floor....

Stand to the side of the section rather than right in front of it.

Sometimes I have problems with little, shorter hairs dropping out etc. Is there anything I can do about that?

Sometimes I have problems with little, shorter hairs dropping out etc. Is there anything I can do about that?

Do you mean like the baby hairs at the hairline?

That kinda thing. But it's not just around the hairline...

That kinda thing. But it's not just around the hairline...

Well at the hairline I'd take a section the mirrors the hairline and paint that alone, but with the shorter hairs everywhere else you just sort of have to pull the section tight closer to the root where they fall out and paint there first then continue on... Hope that makes sense.

Ok. So rather than horizontal sections at sides including front, leave the hairline. Ok cool.

Yes that makes sense.

I was gonna buy a blusher brush and try to improve my blend.

Ok. So rather than horizontal sections at sides including front, leave the hairline. Ok cool.

Yes that makes sense.

I was gonna buy a blusher brush and try to improve my blend.

People talk about these blur brushes and stuff but you should be able to get a good blend without in my opinion.

People talk about these blur brushes and stuff but you should be able to get a good blend without in my opinion.

I know I struggle with my blend, so thought I would get one to improve it.
I'm booking into a course for freehand/balayage/ombre ASAP. X

Everyone has their favorites, but I've gotta say I think the framar brushes really make it much easier to get a softer blend. They're about all I use now for balayage.

Everyone has their favorites, but I've gotta say I think the framar brushes really make it much easier to get a softer blend. They're about all I use now for balayage.

Where do you get them in the UK?

Damn thought so! [emoji17]

Balayage brush set or regular brush good enough? In your opinion?

Balayage brush set or regular brush good enough? In your opinion?

As in the little brushes? I use the small black one sometimes (good for small regrowth or short hair), and I got some of the "variety sets" but just normally use the medium size brush which they also sell in the tri-coloured set.

I was having similar trouble but changed to matrix lightmaster bleach and havnt had a problem since.
I do v's and use my fingers to smudge /blend the top in
Also the top sections that are most important I do a straddle lowlight which helps ensure a great blend

I've had this before it is when you have combed the dark root colour down with your comb, then as you've gone down the midlength you've caught a slight tat and the tint has caused a line from where your comb has been! This happened my first few times until I realised what it was :)

Blur brushes are there to help you get that smooth seamless ombré/balayage. Everyone has their preference of different brushes and that's mine. I'm not looking for a easy way out or that I can't blend I just prefer that over a regular brush..

Latest posts

Back