Beauty | Habia CEO Alan Goldsboro To Retire

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Habia CEO Alan Goldsboro has announced his retirement after leading the industry organisation for more than 23 years.

Alan joined the organisation in 1989 as a Training and Development Director at what was then known as the Hairdressing Training Board. Only two years later, in 1991, Alan was appointed CEO and since then, he has led the organisation through various transitions culminating in the formation of Habia in 1998.

Under Alan's leadership, the industry organisation have acheived a number of impressive milestones developing the first ever National Occupational Standards for hair, beauty, nails and spas, launching NVQs and SVQs and developing frameworks for Modern Apprenticeships, now Apprenticeships.

"I have mixed feelings about retiring but I'm confident that with the strong management team at Habia the transition will be seamless. I remember first starting here when we had a small office in Doncaster and two staff, so to be where we are now is incredible...I feel incredibly lucky and grateful to have been a part of this wonderful industry and to have played my own small part in helping develop the training systems that we have helped it's success."

Alan will be reducing his hours over the next few months.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• AlanGoldsbro-habia-retires.jpg
    AlanGoldsbro-habia-retires.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 274
Congratulations, Alan! I hope you have a very happy retirement. I still remember our first meeting with you in London with Marian ... When it all started with nails! X

Enjoy your Retirement and all the best for the future x

Latest posts

Back