Bedtimes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
god!!
when i was little i remember going to bed after the wombles!!!
and that was about 5.30pm!!
lol!
i always used to have my two in bed early when they were smaller, they used to moan when it was daylight outside still and their friends came knocking for them still in their school uniforms, and they were in bed!!!!( was about 9pm though)

both my girls go to there rooms at 9 and tv off at 10, they are 12 and 14,
sky has only just started staying up till 9 as while she was at middle school her room time was 8 and tv off at 9,now shes in high school thou

my little girl will be 2 in november.
she goes to bed at 7pm and gets up at about 7.30am....weekdays or weekends makes no difference.
she doesn't stay with grandparents very often but when she does we ask them to stick as close to her bedtime as they can....grandparents are allowed to bend the rules a bit and Evie understandes the difference!!!

My son is five and up until about a year ago,slept in our bed

It was easier when he was a baby and i was exhausted and his dad was away,and obviously then it stuck

I managed to get him in his own room by putting a dvd player in there,and he has never played up,since the first night

He goes up about seven,tv off for half past.

As it's a dvd i know exactly what he is watching,and allthough it's not ideal,it works for us

Our 6 year old is in bed by 7 and has a bedside light on to read by - we put a light in when we discovered him sneaking torches upstairs to read under the covers! He generally falls asleep by 8 and wakes around 7am. Weekday or weekend makes no difference.
Our 3 year old is usually in bed by 6:30 and asleep by 7. He wakes up at 6 every morning :irked:, however we have put a lamp on the landing on a timer switch and now he knows he has to stay in his room until that light comes on. We have it come on at 6:30 weekdays and 7 at weekends.
Bless him, he does as he's told most of the time!!

Oh, and if they stay up late for any reason they still wake up at 6 and 7 :rolleyes:.

Me - I'd love to be in bed and asleep by 9 most nights and not be woken until 7am, but that never happens :lol:

ooooooooh I'm a stickler for prompt bedtime. Mine are 10 and 11 and are in bed at 9pm, not a minute later. It makes sure they get a good nights sleep and can concentrate at school, and gives me and my husband some time together after a hard day at work.

james whos 6 goes to bed at 7-7.30 , on a weekend we let him stay up till about 9
olivia 18 months is a pain in the bum but is getting better , lol , past few nights its been about 7.30 - 8.00 :green:

my boys are 12,10 and nine they all go upstairs at 8pm they watch tv till 9 then lights out at 9 but my eldest likes to read before sleep he is a bit of a night owl......and needs to wind down by reading and faffing about.
At the weekend i am more flexable as they like their robin hood x factor and ant and dec, but i am the one that likes the routine just as much as them cause 8pm is my bath time....and would rather have them in their rooms or they would mess about downstairs when i am trying to have a soak.

my son is nearly 9.
he gets sent up at 8.30 and generally gets straight into bed no arguing.

weekends start Friday and he goes when I go, which is with a wobble (me from wine) about 10-11pm. Same thing Saturday and then Sunday after Top Gear.

My kids are 11, 9 and nearly 7. During the week they go to bed at 9, 8.30 and 7.30. The youngest usually has a story before bedtime and the older two read for up to an hour after their bedtime. The older two find it harder to go to sleep and are fine getting up in the morning, but the youngest goes straight off. At the weekend they all normally go to bed at about 9.30 unless we're all out and again the older two read for ages to relax. To be honest I seem to need more sleep than the children!:)

we have always been strict at bedtimes...this comes from seeing friends kids (before we had kids) still running around at gone 10 and just being aloud to fall asleep on the settee.

Amber (8 yesterday) and Tayla (6) go to bed together at about 7pm....its always been the same routine for years...wash, teeth, bed, lights out and no bedtime story...bedtime is bed time. If they want a story before bed thats fine but we do it downstairs.

Ria (12) is usually in bed for 8.30

Fridays and Saturdays are more relaxed...they can watch a dvd in bed if they want or they can stay up longer.

Tayla cracks me up..sometimes we can all be sitting in the lounge and all of a sudden she just gets up and says..."i'm going bed"....its about 5pm...:lol:........she just knows when she is ready and off she goes.

Mine always get up early though...but its fine cos we need to be up early in the week anyway and at weekends they just tend to go downstairs and watch tv till we get up...xx

Blimey, I really wish I was as organised,
When my youngest was born i made a HUGE rod for my own back by Not being strict with her bedtimes, she went when i went somenights midnight some earlier, some later :eek:, then she would sleep untill about 10 ish 11 ish..

Then she started nursery, i had to put her in afternoons as the late night, late rise was too hard to break all of a sudden,
I gave birth to my second child at the same time, I put her down at about 9 every night..she was a very content baby and would happily gurgle away untill dropping off, waking bright and early in the morning!

Now at the ages or 8 and almost 11, the patterns i gave them early have stayed with them,
My youngest is off at the drop of a hat, and the eldest could stay awake all night and sleep all day..
youngest is usually always in a good mood, whereas my eldest is a narky bag of hormones,

At the moment, they go up to bed at approx half 8 / 9o clock, they are to be in bed all sorted ..wee..teeth brushed...drink etc..by 9.30pm (which might I add I actually think is too late for them)
weekends i usually send them up around half 10pm .they can watch tele etc.. youngest will fall asleep within an hour maximum,....eldest can still be awake at 2am...and still moans when i say it is bedtime,
but occasionally i let them stay up with me really late..

I hate my routine, and i hate the rod i made for my own back, but at 16 i was a late nighter myself, I knew no better....you live and you learn hey !!

My 6 year old daughter goes at 8, I do think maybe this is a bit late but any earlier she wont settle if she goes at 8 shes asleep within 10-15 mins.

My 10 year old son goes at 9, he reads for about half an hour and then hes out.

I think I'd prefer them to each go to bed earlier, more my sake than theirs (!) but I have over the years tried to pull them both back half an hour and it doesnt work they end up awake later and cranky. My son as a baby used to go to sleep at about 8pm, which was brill I could bath him whilst Emmerdale was on ( don't watch that) feed him whilst corrie or eastenders was on, pop him into bed and the night was mine after that, hes so good he slept through from being a month old. So its a fairly well established time slot with him, which when Jessica started having a set bed time, was increased due to time served:lol:

Latest posts

Back