BIAB nail career salary

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachaelWelsh

Reaction score
Hi there! I have an 8 month old baby and will be going back to work part-time after maternity leave to use up my accrued leave but eventually I’d like to give this up and then work from home as a nail technician. I am a total perfectionist so I’m hoping I’d be very good at it, although it would be a complete career change for me, having never worked in the nail industry.

My question (and it’s a bit of a cheeky one!) what sort of salary could I expect once I am experienced? I follow a local nail technician who works from home, with a 40k Instagram following and that’s who I aspire to be. Her work is really flawless.

Any ideas or advice, gratefully received! Thankyou x

It's impossible to say, it depends entirely on your costs, number of clients, speed, working hours, etc.

Use the search facility, there are other posts about how to work out your costings, etc.

As a starting point...very generally... £35 for a full set of nail extensions, 2 hours work, £10 for materials, electricity, washing, etc = £12.50 an hour.

Different prices for different areas, central London would be more expensive than say a small village in the North of the UK for example.

It's not as simple as saying you'll work 10-6, 5 days a week (4 clients a day) for instance as they don't all want to come one after the other at times that suit you. Most people who can afford nails are working full time, they want after work or weekend appointments. Parents will want appointments around school hours, etc. In the early days of my business if I could have cloned myself at 5pm I'd only need to work those hours, everyone wanted after work, nothing during the day. Now I have more retired clients so I'm busier during the day.

Goodness, I wonder how long your IG tech has been in the biz? I would like to see her work, too, if you don't mind sending her @.

Goodness, I wonder how long your IG tech has been in the biz? I would like to see her work, too, if you don't mind sending her @.
Of course. She’s @j.e.m_nails

Latest posts

Back