Bleach blonde to level 8?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
my guest is a natural level 6 who has been getting an all over bleach to be white blonde for the last 2 years. she now wants to be a level 8 with highlights.

i'm thinking of heavily lowlighting her with Color Touch 8/0 and 9/73.

i have to use warm tones bc if try to go cool, she'll go muddy and khaki right?

i want to use Color Touch bc its alkaline and will last a lot longer, but her hair is also really fragile/dry/breaks easily - should i use something acidic instead like Joico Chrome? i just don't want it all to wash out in a month or so.

should she do a protein/moisture masque before i lowlight to strengthen and make the hair take the color more evenly?

lastly, i'm going to be mobile, so trying to rinse the foils will be tough. if i put conditioner on the hair that's not going to be lowlighted, when she rinses her hair altogether will that be sufficient enough for it not to stain?

any other tips are greatly appreciated! i'm quite nervous bc she's trying to grow her hair out for her wedding in a year.

Do it like a color but leave hair out for highlights. Do the roots first using neutral. The rest I would use something in the 73 range if color touch. Then start at nape, take horizontal partings, bigger than you would a foil. and weave out big weaves, and apply color. Its kind of like doing a foil but you arent putting foils in. I would melt the color into the highlights as well last few minutes.

This is the one I did.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368813012.442785.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368813012.442785.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 894
ugh, i used a 8/03 as the base and it went mauve/purple! what did i do wrong?

should i have pre pigmented? i was only going from a level 10 to level 8.

Do it like a color but leave hair out for highlights. Do the roots first using neutral. The rest I would use something in the 73 range if color touch. Then start at nape, take horizontal partings, bigger than you would a foil. and weave out big weaves, and apply color. Its kind of like doing a foil but you arent putting foils in. I would melt the color into the highlights as well last few minutes.

Hi this sounds good but tricky, can u explain how u d this please x

ugh, i used a 8/03 as the base and it went mauve/purple! what did i do wrong?

should i have pre pigmented? i was only going from a level 10 to level 8.

I think you will have needed a warmer colour!
The /03 means the secondary tone is gold and i *think the 0 intensifies the base? Someone correct me?? X

I think you will have needed a warmer colour!
The /03 means the secondary tone is gold and i *think the 0 intensifies the base? Someone correct me?? X

Yeah this is what I was thinking to I would have used 8.3 or like about something with 73 if I'm breaking up blonde I like 7.3 x

Latest posts

Back