Capital Hair and Beauty Nail Tech Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim B

Reaction score
Hello

I am considering doing a Nail Technican course with Capital Hair and Beauty and was just wondering if they are known for being any good or not?

Also is it better for a course to be accredited by BABTAC or the guild or are both as good as each other, I would really appreciate any advice as it all seems a maze at the moment!!

in my own personal opinion .... i would go with one of the brand training , e.g nsi, creative, ezflow, etc ......
i did a training course with sallys.... it was a 2 day course and even though it taught me the basics.. the products i learnt with were not much good and so i ended up having to do a conversion course with my new brand anyway!!...

thats just my own opinion x

Hi thanks for your quick reply, I'm so confussed!!! Can you only buy brand products direct from the company if you trained with them? Are all product different and you have to learn how they work? Sorry if these are silly questions

well when i did my training i was trained with mercia but i dint find it any good ... so i went to nsi and booked a conversion with them which i wish i would of just gone straight with them from the start ... each brand can differ so what ever product ur going to be using in the long run you will more than likley HAVE to do a conversion with them as alot wont allow you to buy untill you have .... creative look very good im thinking of going with them soon... just need to wait untill back in uk to do a conversion :) ....
what brand is it that capital hair and beauty are training with ?? ....

thanks for your advice i just rang them and they said we would be using Salon Systems what do you think any good?

Hi Kim,

I did one of the Edge courses at Capital and found it to be quite good. I use alot of the Salon System stuff and i think its okay - but there are much better brands out there! At the moment i'm saving to do a creative course because the Edge is just a short course and it doesnt go into as much details as i feel i needed. Things like prepartion of nails wasnt gone into enough details of really and that is a very important thing!

I've been lucky and made friends with a really lovely girl on here who helped me and between this website and books ive managed to learn to create beautiful nails!

I would agree about the sallys course though because their own brand mercia i have used and i found it difficult to work with and compared to the salon system / the edge / cuccio products ive used from capital i thought they were of appalling quality!

My advise is if you do a course with Capital dont expect to come out of it doing beautiful and longlasting nails it takes lots of practise because the course is so short! if you can afford to do a better course such as creative or ezflow etc i would do that because at the end of it you can end up paying for both courses like i am going to be!

Sorry for the long reply!
Good luck with it

Jodie x x x

Thank you so much for your advice, I understand it all so much more now,

on the sweetsquared.com website (thats creative isnt it?) the foundation course is £549.95 and says its used CND's Retention+ Liquid and Powder system-is that acrylics, gel or slik or none?

the capital course is £350 + vat and says it covers all 3??? The capital course is just down the road from where I live and the creative course is about an hours drive away, if I did the capital course and then the conversion course it would total £511.25 only slightly cheaper than the creative but with petrol costs it would work out quite abit cheaper, if I did the conversions course do creative treat you the same as someone who did the course all with them? also if you do it will creative can you buy the ezflow and nsi products or do you need to do thier conversion courses too?

How much more expensive are creative products to buy than other like salon systems

All advice is gratefully recieved

Thank you sooooo much

Last edited:
Just wondered if anyone could help me with my questions (see above) sorry there are so many!

Thank you so much for your advice, I understand it all so much more now,

on the sweetsquared.com website (thats creative isnt it?) the foundation course is £549.95 and says its used CND's Retention+ Liquid and Powder system-is that acrylics, gel or slik or none?

the capital course is £350 + vat and says it covers all 3??? The capital course is just down the road from where I live and the creative course is about an hours drive away, if I did the capital course and then the conversion course it would total £511.25 only slightly cheaper than the creative but with petrol costs it would work out quite abit cheaper, if I did the conversions course do creative treat you the same as someone who did the course all with them? also if you do it will creative can you buy the ezflow and nsi products or do you need to do thier conversion courses too?

How much more expensive are creative products to buy than other like salon systems

All advice is gratefully recieved

Thank you sooooo much

Hi hun!

its liquid and powder creative that you refered to is acrylics. I looked into the course your referring to and i decided not go with it because learning 3 different systems in 5 days is going to be so tough! The course i took was one day for acrylics and it was hard going and unfortunatly i wasnt given suffient information and had to reply on others on here and had to keep contacting my educator ( not that this was a problem but i felt like a pain)!

As for your question about buying other companies products i would check direct with them because for example i cannot buy creative products with my current certificate because they do not recognise it! The problem with taking the capital courses is that you pay the price and then most of the time have to purchase the kit. when you decide to do conversion courses you then have to purchase these kits as well.

Dont get me wrong hun im not trying to put you off the capital course because obviously i trained in this way - but its hard going because there courses are soooo short you dont go into things as throughly or indepth as other courses. If you go the capital route hun just bear in mind there is alot of hard work involved after espec as you wil be doing three systems.

If you have any more questions hun you can personal message me i'd always be happy to help you out or share my little bit of knowledge! i made a great friend on here and without her words of encourage i would of given up - please dont lose heart - nails are harder than it looks just be prepared for alot of hard work and studying!!

Jodie x x x x x

I trained at a local college for a year then did a conversion with creative my advice would be train with creative they are amazing you are taught by award winners

I did my training with CND (foundation with acrylics, passed 16 Dec). It was brilliant. I learnt all about nail structure, growth etc, and of course acrylics. My tutor was amazing very patient and sooooo lovely.
The course may seem expensive, but it is well worth the money, you learn so much. You also get a very good sized kit.
I truely believe you get what you pay for. If you can save up and go with CND

Hi. :) You've been given very sound advice and, if I were you, I'd forget all about the extra petrol costs because it's nothing compared to shelling out for the 'Cheaper/nearer' course and having to stump up yet again for top notch training/products, when you start to realise the 'Three systems, all in one glorious go' route is just going to lead you up a blind, frustrating, inadequate and ultimately very expensive alley that's going nowhere.

Get it right first time, take your time choosing and good luck! :)

Thank so much everyone I'm very grateful for the advice-I will ring creative today

Check with Capital they have a number of courses not just the one for £500 they have some that are very cost effective. They also have a good range of products to choose from. Look on their website for more information.

Latest posts

Back