Colour advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelou93

Reaction score
Can anyone give me opinions?
Client came in monday natural base 7/8 has been full head of highlights for forever. First time ive done her hair and she wanted a balayage of a base 8/9 and bright ends.

Ive used wella illumina 9/01 and 20vol on roots and midlengths. Then freelights and 10vol to lift any slightly brassier ends. Rinsed colour and she feels its as if shes naturally ginger and has tried to go blonde. Not happy with it all, her colour did come up warm although not as warm to be ginger.

Shes back with me tomorrow & i think as this was a change and its different its also making her not like it. Which is fair enough. Im planning to just re highlight all very fine and quite a few to lift out the warmth and brighten her up again. She seems okay with this but is worried about seeing the bits that arent highlighted. Would you go ahead with highlights again and toner at basin to blend out the warm bits that are left or do something else entirely?

All advice welcome?!

Personally I always go a shade darker, I think it's quite hard to achieve the really ashy 8/9 root drag/balayage. I do love illumina though, maybe try 8/69 mixed with 7/81 and rootdrag it down? Works for me although I know others will have their own methods. If it's glowing then the highlights may still look warm on the root but it's hard to say without seeing it. [emoji85]

The highlight colour is lovely, she loves the blonde. Its the 9/01 she doesnt like on her roots. But i think she will want rid of that completely, i dont think she will stick to the balayage effect now

I guess it's what she wants.. to either correct the tone and try and achieve the balayage or go back to being bright and blonde!

So! Update, phonecall and she has decided she doesnt want her hair done now, shes gonna try somewhere else. Free colour on Monday, chancers! is it bad im relieved and not fussed about being out of pocket lol?

Latest posts

Back