Coloured gels -bio sculpture, ezflow, ibd- which is the best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Hello Nail Geeks
can you advise me please? I am a skin geek qualified in man and ped.
I have had my nails painted with Biosculpture coloured gel and I'm so impressed with it, I am thinking of introducing it into my salon.
I have also come across a couple of other brands of the same product - ezflow and ibd coloured gels.
What is your opinion of these products? which do you prefer? any pros and cons?
And do you think I would be able to carry out the treatment myself even though I am not a nail tech? I have a sneaky suspicion it is it not as easy to carry out as it looks - am I right?!
Any advice would be welcome, thanks

you are right...also you wouldnt be able to purchase some of these gels unless you have have been trained by them.

thanks Bagpuss, I was wondering about training.
I think I should make some enquiries direct to the product companies - I already see a rep from Grafton who supply ibd, so I'll have a chat to her and get a bit more of an idea about it.
But what a fantastic idea the whole concept is!

The Bio Sculpture gel you have on is a soak off gel and great for NNO (natural nail overlay)....some of the other colour gels are non soak off (they require buffing off with a file) and i find better for applying over tips or on long nails.

They are all from the acrylic family and are all just as safe as any other type of nail enhancement...as long as they are applied correctly and removed correctly. HTH x

Preference of brand varies from one individual to another.
I prefer Nailite, for gel polish.

But as said, a course would be necessary.
And well worth your while.

hth's

look into lechat nobility coloured gels.
they are very similar to biosculpture but a lot less expensive.
there is a free playday being organised in northampton where you can see demonstrations and the products will be there for you to have a hands on trial with.
the date looks like being 28th feb but is not yet confirmed, its a sunday.

Just a few others to look into...Akzentz Options (soak off) and Light Elegance (buff off) are both good....

Can i throw Calgel into the mix as well.Its a soak off gel. I have never used any of the others but i can personally recommend calgel as one to consider too.

Hi, you are right, you would need to do a conversion course with your chosen brand, personally I think Biosculpture is the best gel by far for NNO's and sculpts (personally I wouldnt tip & overlay with it although I'm sure it can be done). I have a set of Biosculpture sculpts on right now they really are fantastic. It is an expensive product but I think you get what you pay for.

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies, it's a whole new world for me as all I do right now is manicures. But I shall certainly do my research thoroughly before deciding which range to take on and train with.

Meanwhile, my own biosculptured nails still look fab after a day of waxing, manicuring and massaging and then making dinner. I can't believe this stuff won't chip! I wish I'd invented it . . .

Latest posts

Back