Do you profile your potential customers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a potentially heated topic!

I am in the exact same boat. Looking at my tiny little pile of leaflets and thinking how can I stretch them to be most effective. I've done the same as you-only time will tell.

And Blossom bless you with 1 in 1800! I think I'll need to get ordering some more!!

LOL

The more I think about it tho when you are first starting out and when established as I dont want to be wasting money on marketing now or in a years time,
the fact of the matter is I have to look at where I am most likely to get the best return per £1 of by marketing budget and if until I know otherwise/better for my area why is profiling a certain area on the basis of the prices of houses be a bad thing?? It may not work - I can then focus on another area and see if the response rate is any better! but that goes with ANY form of marketing - massive companies use postcodes to market certain products all the time!

Hmmmm Im glad I started this thread, but just to make it clear! I would never not take a customer because of where they live!!

Quite often you will get a better result from a council estate as they tend to have higher disposable incomes. Big houses often equal big mortgages.

:)

I certainly hope the discrimination view wasnt!

If you read my post again I'm sure you'll realise it wasn't aimed at you, it is indeed a 'in theory' post

In my area it is very affluent, very expensive, round the corner is council estate. However i dont care where they're from as long as they are nice and pay me money!!! Its simply pot luck!

I would suggest that you do your offers, if your doing flyers/postcards/credit card flyers
look up stressfree print and sensecreative, both do great offers. Get yourself a great marketable logo design, and good quality printing from either of these. Dont print it yourself....always a big mistake on peoples perceptions.

The only way realistically to profile a client without assuming where they are from, is to assume they love you're offers. The best way to gain clientelle is by marketing a campaign, available on certain days, via certain drop days. iygwim! xoxo

I have a friend who has a lot of money, nice big house, posh area, car etc but she is the tightest person i know lol!!! I dont mean that in a horrible way either. She watches EVERY penny. If she doesnt need it she doesnt get it, wont buy anything that isnt on offer and thats how she affords her big house.

I on the other hand love to spend lol, i always tip good service, and live in council house and drive a saxo!

Sent from my GT-S5360

Your prices will, to a certain degree, profile your clients.
The clients you should be aiming for are those who actually want to spend the money; whether they're ostensibly loaded is an irrelevance.

Latest posts

Back