Dying Asian hair its natural colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2231

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client who has asian hair, ( she is from Pakistan) which looks black to the naked eye. She has natural grey streaks showing at the front which she would like covered to the same colour as her natural hair. I would like to use a few foils to cover and break up the grey. Please can anyone advise which shade to use. I don't want any warmth to show and I think black would be too dark. I am mobile and would very much appreciate a second opinion.

Many thanks for your advice.

A level 2N is considered to be a " Natural black" which is the natural haircolor for most of the Asian & Indian population. A level 1 is always a level 2+base like violet,red,blue.green or an addition of all 3 primary colors RYB mixed together to produce a neutral base. The extra base pigments added to the level 2 make the level 1 appear darker than the level 2 due to the extra depth provided by the base added. This is why a level 1 hair color always looks fake/dyed/blacker than black because no human has a level 1 hair color naturally due to the fact that genetics will never jack up the pigment in a level 2N haircolor to the extreme that hair dyes do.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Yes I totally understand that. I should of said I use L’Oréal majerel but have also trained with wella.
Would you add any ash to the 2N or equivalent to it?

Latest posts

Back