Eyelash extension help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahLiciousB

Reaction score
I've been doing eyelash extensions for a year now but recently I have been experiencing a few issues... I'm getting a lot of clients losing lashes and getting gaps quite quickly (within a few days), I can't really work out what has changed or what I'm doing differently. I use Flirties glue but started using LashBase primer, I'm wondering whether maybe they aren't compatible? Also I would like tips on how to clean the lashes prior to applying a full set or infills. I often find clients have traces of mascara, eyeliner or foundation on their lashes so I clean using a non oil based eye make up remover then cleanse with a wet cotton pad and then prime... Any advice would be amazing! Xx

I would think the primer would be okay but maybe trial a different one to see if it makes a difference?
As for make-up still being on the lashes tell them they must clean eyes before all infill appointments (&They shouldn't wear mascara anyway - that stuff can be a nightmare to remove properly!), if any tell you they did wash but clearly didn't don't be afraid to take a close up pic of their grubby lash line and tell em if they don't sort out their habits they're heading for blephritis & eye infections and as you've warned them you cannot be put at fault for their poor aftercare. And charge for extra cleaning/prep time.
Do you give them or recommend any lash shampoo? You can get cheap foamer bottles from naturally thinking and give them a recipe to make their own, such as: 1part baby shampoo, 3parts water, teaspoon of bicarb. - this is probably most common DIY wash. Flocked applicators and clean damp eyeshadow brushes are also handy tools for scrubbing off stubborn makeup at the lash line...

I have a spare wash that I use if clients lashes aren't washed. Usually though I just use protein remover pads around the eye & lashes, put under eye pads on, and give lashes a good prime (some people use specially made primers but I know some just use saline solutions or even witchazel I'm sure someone once told me...) xx

Thanks Hun that's some good advice. I usually only have issues with mascara when it's a new client coming for their first set. What protein remover pads do you use? I'm pretty sure it's the primer causing problems as they were fine before I started using that. I think I'll try getting some of the pads and stop using the primer. Xx

It's none of the above

It's humidity

Take a look at my Facebook page for full explanation

" Facebook/
eyelash extensions in kent.com

Completely didn't think of that -.-
Being mobile I can't really control humidity or temp :/ wish I could set-up shop somewhere ): x

Thanks lovelies! I hadn't thought of humidity either however...before I went on holiday it was incredibly hot and humid, I was so hot and my client was sweating it was a nightmare however her lashes lasted...since I've been back from holiday and the weather has been a bit cooler albeit still humid they've not lasted :/ x

Latest posts

Back