Fast track or 1 year Beauty Therapy Level 2 course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya at 39 years old I'm FINALLY able to embark on my passion and love of all things beauty therapy and makeup. Two of my local colleges offer Beauty Therapy Level 2 courses stating in September one day a week for adults. At one college the course is a year but at the other college they have a fast track course for five months.

I'm unsure which to go for as a complete beginner? I've read the course information and they both teach/cover the exact same units. I'm leaning more towards the shorter fast track only because they also offer Beauty Therapy Level 3 fast track starting next March so I'd qualify faster, but will I be at a disadvantage studying the course for a shorter time frame?

What do you all think? Which one do you suggest?

Hiya, im 35 and recently completed the Level 2 beauthy therapy 2 days a week and recccomend you do the fast track course. I felt like i wasted so much time as the course is really easy and the treatements are relativly simple!

Hiya, im 35 and recently completed the Level 2 beauthy therapy 2 days a week and recccomend you do the fast track course. I felt like i wasted so much time as the course is really easy and the treatements are relativly simple!
Hiya, yes that's what I was thinking that a year is really a bit too long and thank you. Have you gone onto Level 3 now? What treatments did you enjoy the most during Level 2?

Hiya, yes that's what I was thinking that a year is really a bit too long and thank you. Have you gone onto Level 3 now? What treatments did you enjoy the most during Level 2?
I have decided to do facials! ( I did a single VTCT electrical unit privatly last month so i didnt have to spend another year in college)
Everything else was really boring. Manicure and pedicure are beyond boring, and tinting is very easy! The only hard thing is the A&P exams which you 100% have to study for!

I have decided to do facials! ( I did a single VTCT electrical unit privatly last month so i didnt have to spend another year in college)
Everything else was really boring. Manicure and pedicure are beyond boring, and tinting is very easy! The only hard thing is the A&P exams which you 100% have to study for!
Facials and skincare are my main interest too. I did look into studying it privately but unfortunately I'm not working at the moment so have to study via a college for free.

I'm not too keen on doing nails but I know that's a big market at the moment.

Latest posts

Back