Fudge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah god I'm thinking of using matrix

Fudge is good for vibrant reds and coppers, violet tones, chocolate browns.
However grey coverage is another story!! Its the warmest colour ive used and hopeless grey coverage!

Fudge is good for vibrant reds and coppers, violet tones, chocolate browns.
However grey coverage is another story!! Its the warmest colour ive used and hopeless grey coverage!
Thank you so much i don't think I'm going to bother

That's a shame I really loved.the thought of it!

No matter, I'll look into affinage

We have used Fudge now for about 3 years before this i was wella and a little matrix, we love the fudge, coverage is excellent, grey coverage you use 00 series or any base and do a 1:1 mix, never ever had a bad grey coverage problem, as for a green tone, never had that either as fudge is blue background underlying tone .
The tonal shades are amazing, the new oz rocks and especially cyclamen range are out of this world, we get good education and it is free, we can also go on additional courses etc, also fudge colours are very shiny too, and i have to say we love it so do our clients.

Won't a 1:1 ratio make it go darker? Fudge recommend 1:1.5 for coverage the grey coverage and warmth issues are a really put off

Well you would only do a 1:1 mix if the hair is really resistant and taking colour , most colour houses would advise this too, and yes it would be darker, so then you would up our level, so if you are doing a 5/00 you would go in with 6/00.
As for warmth no , you get that from using the wrong tone in the first place, using the wrong strength developer or not measuring your colour, no warmth at all, as headpaint is on a cool based system mainly blue .

Any other tips for us all?

The salon I work in we use fudge and wella as it suits our client base
I love the fudge for warm colours reds/copper/ Browns and always had great grey coverage with these Fudge gets used more in summer when people desire the warm tones However I don't like the toners TO1 to2 ect
We've also used the products and blow drying brushes and I highly rate them !! My personal experience with fudge is great value for money if your struggling with grey coverage ask your local rep for any courses which are free if a stockist and find out where your mixing could be going wrong

The salon I work in we use fudge and wella as it suits our client base
I love the fudge for warm colours reds/copper/ Browns and always had great grey coverage with these Fudge gets used more in summer when people desire the warm tones However I don't like the toners TO1 to2 ect
We've also used the products and blow drying brushes and I highly rate them !! My personal experience with fudge is great value for money if your struggling with grey coverage ask your local rep for any courses which are free if a stockist and find out where your mixing could be going wrong

What do you use wella for then?

I prefer wella high lifts to fudge and I prefer the violet & ash range in wella it's just a personal preference

Fudge speed bleach is probably the best thing in the whole range

@6886 do you know the glazing formula ratios for Paintbox?

Any updates of new users?

I've started using fudge and to be honest I'm not impressed, I used 12.12 hi lift and came out pale yellow, left on for full hour as directed.
The bases are lighter and warmer too [emoji51].... But reds and coppers omg beauuuuuitiful x

Will also say the shampoo and conditioner sets! ... Fantastic!

I used to work for fudge as a rep but now I'm back in hairdressing as it wasn't for me. So these comments aren't bias x

Will also say the shampoo and conditioner sets! ... Fantastic!

I used to work for fudge as a rep but now I'm back in hairdressing as it wasn't for me. So these comments aren't bias x

That's a shame, I really loved the thought of fudge. I even wanted to take a class to learn the basics. What do will you be using now? Guess I'll have to give up on the brand

Don't give up the Reds and coppers are stunning! The shine is beautiful ...
I'll stick to wella for my bases & everything else I think x

Don't give up the Reds and coppers are stunning! The shine is beautiful ...
I'll stick to wella for my bases & everything else I think x

Today using fudge.....

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459455087.754538.jpg

I'm after a brand where I can just use their range and not have to use other ranges too much (for example using all fudge, but maybe using majicontrast for certain clients).

What formula? The shine and colour is stunning!

I know that's what I'm struggling on too! I have 3 colour houses at the moment and not all are available in one warehouse either!

I used 1:2 6.0 + 7.4
And root dragged it. 6%
Then 77.43 6%

Xx

Latest posts

Back