Gel Problems :'(- Urgent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Wrote on here a few days ago about forgetting to buff over the white tip when i do gel, I got a text of my friends mum today to say that they had peeled and she wanted them redoing.

Went back today and redid them around fourish, shes just rang to say her thumb is doing it again and one of her fingers is going. They havnt evan been on four hours!!! :'(

I ussualy use natural tips and do the white my self and this has never happened until i bought pro impressions tips and used these for the first time on thursday.

All my prep is right, I buf over the white tip cure for the right amount of time, use NSI products and the NSI lamp, I never have any problems with my acrylic and now ime having all these problems its really getting to me :'(

Any help on whats going wrong :'( xxxxxxxx

I dont do many gel sets but i know quite a few people who have had problems with gel over the white pro impressions tips. I dont know why, plenty of people use them sucessfully too but maybe try a different brand for your tips and see if it helps you xx

I would ditch the new tips and use NSI Elation white tips or for a soft white use Express nail tips.

Or go back to creating your own white tip.

Are you doing a base lock in layer first over the entire tip?
Are you applying Balance Bond to the entire tip? You can do this, so I advise you do this if you are not already.
Are you capping?

When cleaning the nail after you have filed the tip into shape etc, are you using Cleanse to clean the nail before applying Nail Pure to the natural nail only?
If you are try to not get too much on the tip, just try and clean the natural nail and the same with the Nail Pure as well.
But after you have done all this, do your Balance Bond Primer and then your base lock in layer and things should be all ok.

Peeling is usually a sign that the gel is not curing correctly, when was the last time you changed your bulbs?

I would ditch the new tips and use NSI Elation white tips or for a soft white use Express nail tips.

Or go back to creating your own white tip.

Are you doing a base lock in layer first over the entire tip?
Are you applying Balance Bond to the entire tip? You can do this, so I advise you do this if you are not already.
Are you capping?

When cleaning the nail after you have filed the tip into shape etc, are you using Cleanse to clean the nail before applying Nail Pure to the natural nail only?
If you are try to not get too much on the tip, just try and clean the natural nail and the same with the Nail Pure as well.
But after you have done all this, do your Balance Bond Primer and then your base lock in layer and things should be all ok.

Peeling is usually a sign that the gel is not curing correctly, when was the last time you changed your bulbs?

Thanks, i think i will use these but no were near me sells them and i have to get them over the internet, and p&p is ridiculus :/ would millenium be okay? i can get these at my wholesalers easily. I actualy prefer doing the white myself but my friends mum prefers just a tip and nothing else ¬_¬.

I do the base lock in layer all over the whole nail, i only saw yesterday on a nail angel video to use bb over the tip aswell so i will definetly be doing this! and i cap them all aswell :/

I think my bulbs do need changing but i cant find any i can afford :/ i bought ones on ebay which are going back tomorow, and the ones on the nsi website are far too much for me to afford, but i know i need the proper ones :/

thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back