Glitter problems and I dont know why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_nails

Reaction score
Hiya peeps :)! I was just practicing 2nite on my art side of things, specifically with my glitter sets. Now the first set i have is fine glitter powder which i had no problem doing using brush on glue method, looked lovely and could even do two colours on 1 tip and it look nice to. However the problem came with my second set of loose glitters .... They are not as dust or powder like, the set is called glitter spangles if that helps. Ive seen it on many tips and full nails and it looks lovely, its almost like circles of colour, just not as tiny as dust like version. Anyhow the brush on glue method failed drastically, it was all patchy clumpy and just not nice. At first i thought glue had dried to tried just to put glue on patchy parts and failed again all clumpy patchy etc. Is it because th actual glitter cant be applied that way as it itself is bigger thicker? Would l&p method work for this particular glitter or is there another way to do it? I really would love to do this one to as i think it looks lovely, and something different. Any advice would be great thank you xxx

I have found the same, the only way I can apply this glitter is by using one, or a few flat clustered isolated pieces [does that make any sense? :D] here and there.

The bits of glitter need to be flat all over, or it just leaves a chunky, textured effect which is no good for nail services.

I think its called Flimmer... Or by my local art stores standards anyway :)

Last edited:
I have found the same, the only way I can apply this glitter is by using on, or a few flat clustered isolated pieces [does that make any sense? :D] here and there.

The bits of glitter need to be flat all over, or it just leave s chunky, textured effect which is no good for nail services.

I think its called Flimmer... Or by my local art stores standards anyway :)

yeah that makes sense its really annoying, there must be a way of doing it as there is lots of pictures on google etc. And i dont n dont think customers would have the time to have each circle individually placed all over 10tips lol! Thank u, its good to know some1 else has the same problem and its not just me :)! Well its not good ur having a problem, u know what i mean, lol :), xxx

is it like the confetti pieces? i use the ones from young nails and i mix it in with my clear acrylic like i do with my glitter and cap in clear after so you dont get any lumpy bits it looks lovely :) i also use odd loose bits for different looks xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Yeah thats the 1! Shall defo give that a try later on. I find th glue dip method good, however it fairly eats up the glitter that way. Thank you for your advice :)! Its wierd being new in the game .... I thought i knew a fair bit but quickly realising not everything can be tackled in the same way :)! Xxxx

yeah that makes sense its really annoying, there must be a way of doing it as there is lots of pictures on google etc. And i dont n dont think customers would have the time to have each circle individually placed all over 10tips lol! Thank u, its good to know some1 else has the same problem and its not just me :)! Well its not good ur having a problem, u know what i mean, lol :), xxx

Yeah its a tricky one, will keep you posted if I come across any ideas. Have not had a play with it for a while so will follow the other advice posted for the acrylic too!

Learning new stuff every day lol :D

Latest posts

Back