Going hourly rate for beauty therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
Hoping someone can advise ?

We are looking into hiring a beauty therapist . Freshly qualified, no salon experience, what do you think the hourly rate should
be?

I really have no idea. We want to guage it right.

Anyone?

i think it depends how much training you plan on putting her (or him) through. When i first qualified i started on minimum wage but got a lot of time spent with me making sure my treatments were up to scratch with in house training and various courses for face and body products.

To start with they made me do half price treatments which got people in the door and gave me lots of practice ...............(fine for eyebrows etc but a killer for massage!!) My wages only went up when i started making the salon money.

For the right person I would invest
lots of time for definate. Am happy to give them as much training as they need to bring them up to scratch.

Thank you for that. Very helpful!

my therapist is on minimum wage, with a commission on what she brings into the salon. therefore if she is quiet she gets a low commision, busy gets more money! it works well for us x

As a therapist seeking that kind of position (if only anyone near me were looking for someone in that position!) i will expect to be payed only minimum wage to begin with. I would just be glad of the job! So many salons seem to want salon experience where i am.

I definately think commision as well as an hourly rate is a good idea when i used to work with commision it kept me keen.

Hoping someone can advise ? I would disagree on min wage, I agree it is hard for a therapist to get work when starting out but what about all the plus sides, keen to learn, fresh knowledge from training at college, and no bad habits. Also no specific set training with specific product houses so easily adaptable. Big spas take new therapists on and do it because there easy to mould, I was first employed by centreparcs but I didn't like my accomodation (was staff accomodation) and ended up workin in another spa where I've been ever since, for 2 and a half years. I worked in salons before though part time so did build up experience abit. I would say just above min wage then with experience more, or commision. But different things suit different companies if your a small salon it sometimes pays for having one very experienced therapist that you can just leave to get on with things.We are looking into hiring a beauty therapist . Freshly qualified, no salon experience, what do you think the hourly rate should
be?

I really have no idea. We want to guage it right.

Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

My hourly rate is £30.
Want to hire me?!
;)

Oh I thought your daily rate was £60 Lynne...(please don't kill me)

Hehe x

Too right - I work only 2 hours a day!
;)

do you make nice coffee Lynn? xxxx

Latest posts

Back