Hate cuticle nippers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi all I'm newly qualified and hate using cuticle nippers,does anyone else feel this way ? Is there away round this or is it practice ? I do gelish and manicures .

I'm just doing my training irt few weeks I hated them but now I don't mind and actually quite confident using them.

I have read on here a lot don't use them though because most o the work can be done with just the hoof and knife - I questioned this with my tutor and he agreed and said in salon they would only use if it was really overgrown over wise it's jut toded with the hoo and knife

Hi all I'm newly qualified and hate using cuticle nippers,does anyone else feel this way ? Is there away round this or is it practice ? I do gelish and manicures .

If you hate using them then it is probably because you don't know how, so you feel unsure and lack confidence ... Not surprising really .. How many students actually get taught how to properly use cuticle nippers? Virtually none.

Lesson ... Nipper 101. :lol:

The big secret to using them well is all in the angle at which you approach the bit you are wanting to nip off. Too parallel and you will nip the soft tissue with the back of the blade. Too sharp an angle and you can slip and jab the soft skin surrounding the plate.

Holding the nippers at about a 45° angle, when working on any skin surrounding the nail plate, you really only want to use the points of the nippers and you only want to trim away any dry dead bits back to the living tissue and not beyond, just to smooth it,

When using your nippers to actually nip away any stubborn bits of cuticle then just use the points of the blades to gently grab the piece and then nip. Never use the nippers to 'pull' at anything.

HINT : The nippers with the smallest blades are the best ... Only 2mm ... It is easier to catch a client with the back of the blade if the blades are too long.
Hope this helps

Thank you for reply this makes me feel better. :)

Latest posts

Back