Help! Client-allergy! Can I Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I've dug up an old post but thought that the info I had was nessassary! Sounds like you have pompholyx like me. I didn't realise what was causing mine as used gels for years. I had to go through allergy testing to find the cause- Hense the delay caused my nails to fall off!! But I'm looking forward to trying shellac as I'd love to have my hands back & looking good again! :0)
As you say it's important to learn from allergies.
I'm glad you have found a product that works for you.

I think many will be very very glad Shellac is an alternative for cases who are allergic to gels.

I have suffered an allergic reaction to the Sina UV Gels. I have been applying Sina UV Gel in my own home for a few weeks now to just myself.
I first always start with washing my hands thoroughly! Then I use OPI BondAid to prepare my nails. I use the Sina UV Primer cured for two minutes, Sina UV Builder Gel in three thin coats each cured for 2 minutes, and Sina UV Top Coat cured for one minute. I use alcohol to clean the sticky residue away with cotton pads. This is what was recommended from the tutorial (Lina Uv Gel Nails How To Do At Home Tutorial - YouTube) I watched regarding this EXACT brand. The UV Gel I purchased did not come with any instructions so that was all I found regarding the application of the UV Gel.
This is my third application and I started to feel tingling in my nails, fingers, and up to my wrist on both hands. The tingling persisted to an itchy mild burning sensation. I am going to soak off the gel with 100% Acetone as soon as I can. I will discontinue use of the Sina Brand UV Gels and give a try out to the CND Shellac which has received rave reviews with no allergic reactions I can find.
I am going to fore go the Gelish brand for fear of another allergic reaction. I have seen numerous reports of other ladies suffering an allergic reaction to Gelish so I would prefer not to test it.
I'm just hoping the CND Shellac is going to work out for me. Regular polish is off my nails within two hours no joke. I'm a stay at home mom and I have tons of house cleaning, hand washing, laundry, etc. Everything else, even Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear can't stand up to the daily abuse.

Amanda you would be best going to a salon for Shellac. As if the correct UV lamp is not used you may experience under curing and I think you could get a reaction from this as it is over exposure to uncurred product. Alot can go wrong which is why it is a professional product.

I have suffered an allergic reaction to the Sina UV Gels. I have been applying Sina UV Gel in my own home for a few weeks now to just myself.
I first always start with washing my hands thoroughly! Then I use OPI BondAid to prepare my nails. I use the Sina UV Primer cured for two minutes, Sina UV Builder Gel in three thin coats each cured for 2 minutes, and Sina UV Top Coat cured for one minute. I use alcohol to clean the sticky residue away with cotton pads. This is what was recommended from the tutorial (Lina Uv Gel Nails How To Do At Home Tutorial - YouTube) I watched regarding this EXACT brand. The UV Gel I purchased did not come with any instructions so that was all I found regarding the application of the UV Gel.
This is my third application and I started to feel tingling in my nails, fingers, and up to my wrist on both hands. The tingling persisted to an itchy mild burning sensation. I am going to soak off the gel with 100% Acetone as soon as I can. I will discontinue use of the Sina Brand UV Gels and give a try out to the CND Shellac which has received rave reviews with no allergic reactions I can find.
I am going to fore go the Gelish brand for fear of another allergic reaction. I have seen numerous reports of other ladies suffering an allergic reaction to Gelish so I would prefer not to test it.
I'm just hoping the CND Shellac is going to work out for me. Regular polish is off my nails within two hours no joke. I'm a stay at home mom and I have tons of house cleaning, hand washing, laundry, etc. Everything else, even Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear can't stand up to the daily abuse.

Are you trained as a nail technician?

Even the inhibition layer can cause a reaction as it is un cured gel & must not get onto the skin.

Latest posts

Back