Help womans full body wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiercekytten

Reaction score
I have my first client this week, she wants a full body wax.....YIKES!!!!!
She has asked for full leg, brazilian, underarms (ok with all that) full arms and back....not sure about these. Do I use strip wax for these areas? How do I apply wax over boney shoulders? Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.

Is she really your first client?:eek:

I would not do a full body wax if this was my first client.
At the time of booking, I would have explained that you do not wax arms and back. Lack of experience and confidence can be disastrous. I definitely would not do this on a paying client with no experience.

Hello Fiercekytten,

Wow that is a lot, but don't worry.

I would start with the legs and make my way up, ie, front of legs, bikini, arms and under arms. Then turn her over do back of legs, rest of bikini (if needed), then back. The arms are very similar to doing the back of the legs, just on a smaller scale. As far as boney areas go, keep the sections small and remember you can't wax around corners so keep your angles strainght. For stip wax, I'm not familiar with that term. But warm wax and strips will be fine.

Hope you find that helpful. :) xx

For shoulders - apply wax from back of shoulder up onto the top and remove in smallish sections

Then from top over and down onto other side and again remove in smallish sections.

Does that make sense?

Jacqui xx

I would not do a full body wax if this was my first client.
At the time of booking, I would have explained that you do not wax arms and back. Lack of experience and confidence can be disastrous. I definitely would not do this on a paying client with no experience.

I accept that it is daunting, but if you are open for business and qualified you really have to just get on with it.

If a therapist advised me they couldn't wax some of the areas I wanted, would find someone who could.

I would not have half done with one therapist and the other half done with someone else.

Jacqui xx

When you say first client how much training have you had and how confident do you really feel.

I accept that it is daunting, but if you are open for business and qualified you really have to just get on with it.

If a therapist advised me they couldn't wax some of the areas I wanted, would find someone who could.

I would not have half done with one therapist and the other half done with someone else.

Jacqui xx

Thank you x SHe knows I'm newly qualified and I'm charging her accordingly (approx half what I'd expect to charge). I'm pretty confident, I trained with Kim, speed waxing ant extreme waxing, we just didn't do any hairy backs and arms! I'm not especially nervous about it (maybe nearer the time I will be) but I figure you only get the experience by doing it!

Thank you x SHe knows I'm newly qualified and I'm charging her accordingly (approx half what I'd expect to charge). I'm pretty confident, I trained with Kim, speed waxing ant extreme waxing, we just didn't do any hairy backs and arms! I'm not especially nervous about it (maybe nearer the time I will be) but I figure you only get the experience by doing it!

Good girl .. in at the deep end is sometimes the best way.

You've had good training!!

Just remember to stay in control of the client and of what you are doing.

Even though she is aware you are newly qualified you are still more expert than she is ok.

Let us know how you get on.

Jacqui xx

Good girl .. in at the deep end is sometimes the best way.

You've had good training!!

Just remember to stay in control of the client and of what you are doing.

Even though she is aware you are newly qualified you are still more expert than she is ok.

Let us know how you get on.

Jacqui xx

Thank you x

Ahh you'll be fine! :)

Just remember stretch stretch stretch and small sections if there's a corner. Strip wax is fine for back and arms x

Jacqui xx

I wasn't suggesting that one therapist do half and another do the other half, I was suggesting not doing it. Personally, I wouldn't wax an area that I hadn't been trained in, that's all I'm saying.

I wasn't suggesting that one therapist do half and another do the other half, I was suggesting not doing it. Personally, I wouldn't wax an area that I hadn't been trained in, that's all I'm saying.

Were you trained to wax arm and back?

Thank you for your reply.

I understood what you were saying.

And I am saying that if a therapist advised me they couldn't do half of the treatment I wanted ie arms and back, I would thank them for their time and find another therapist who could do all the waxing I wanted.

You are perfectly entitled to wax however you see fit, but if you can't wax all areas clients will find someone who can.

I'm not being disrespectful, just honest my lovely.

Jacqui xx

My concern is that being qualified and being confident are no substitute for being experienced and whereas I totally understand there is only one way to gain experience, a full body wax is a very ambitious starting point. I also find it incredible that a complete newbie would undertake a Brazilian wax. Sometimes things go wrong, which can actually be very stressful for the therapist and can lead to a loss of confidence. I don't think we should run before we can walk.

If you don't get the experience you will never be experienced..

If your client knows you recently qualified and you've gave her a little discount then why not, i've always thrown myself into the deep end when i've finished a course and so you should, everyone needs to learn and your not going to learn if you don't get out there and do it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

How did you get on? x

Latest posts

Back